rear driver side door will not lock

raz86

Hi everyone, last week i`ve realised that my rear driver side door will not lock and i cannot fold my mirrors using the fob key and not even lower and raise the windows from it

yesterday i got same time off and managed to get a replacement for locking mechanism and door control unit, not even one of the problems solved.

i can`t open the window on the same door

anyone has some ideas?

P.S. when the door is opened , it does not appear on the maxidot

car is a Skoda Superb MKII

Have you read the car for fault codes? This will be your best indication to the fault.

Sounds like the door isn't talking to the car, does opening the door (after waiting for the interior lights to go off after unlocking it) turn on the interior lights?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

sorry for not responding sooner but i`ve been on a holiday. i`m going tot check on the wiring today on the drivers door. i`ve checked the ones on the faulty door.got no luck.even changed the locking mechanism and door module.no succes. thats y i suspect the drivers door.

Yes agreed. Def broken wire some where, when the CCDs won't communicate with the rear door module it almost certain to be a broken wire.

The drivers door module is the parent controller for the locking system with the others being the slaves. Could be something with the drivers one

• 10 months later...

I've got same problem. Where was your broken wire and how did you get to it.

Ive had the panel off the back door but broke some pegs and one of the peg housings on the panel so don't want to reck the front door more than necessary.

2 minutes ago, wingnut1000 said:

I've got same problem. Where was your broken wire and how did you get to it.

Ive had the panel off the back door but broke some pegs and one of the peg housings on the panel so don't want to reck the front door more than necessary.

It was on the drivers door. The wires that run from the body of the car to the door, covered in the flexible plastic. Hope this helps

Thanks matthewg. Just had a look and sure enough 3 wires broken (green, yellow/blue, white/purple) and a thick red wire badly frayed. See pic. can't see other ends. Short of cutting the rubber shroud off entirely, i dont see how i can fix it. Could I buy a new loom and install it?

Driver door cables.jpg

I brought my car to an auto electrician and he sorted them out as there just isn't enough room for to fix it. I still have issues to this day. Airbag light on constantly. Will have to sort it before my next NCT (MOT)

• 2 weeks later...

I have problems with my door wiring also, but it's funny, as it's the passenger door window that I can't control from the drivers side door controls. Also, drivers door speaker no longer works. PITA as I drive a taxi, and when someone comes up to the passenger window, I can't open it. 

I would make an attempt at a repair, but access to the wiring is difficult, as it's behind that large rubber grommet, and it's impossible to open. 

• 2 years later...

Hi all, I have the same issue, rear drivers side door not locking, or anything working on it for that matter. After reading this I checked the drivers side door loom and sure enough one snapped green thin wire and other wires with copper exposed. I tried to solder the cable back together but don’t think I did a good job as the back door still isn’t working. Can anyone confirm if the thin green cable has an effect on the locking? Skoda want £124 for a replacement loom no. 3T2971120CE

D9ED980C-9187-4A93-9F7C-73407375C4FA.jpeg

07900163-3423-4DBE-8960-C1E1F71E2B47.png

I had the same with my rear door, first it wouldn't lock then the window wouldn't work, turns out it's the drivers door wire in the rubber gaiter , So I cut the whole plug off I spliced and soldered mine with  extra pieces of wire, took me about 4 hours, a right nuisance . 3 wires snapped and about 5 on the verge of snapping, the remainder  nearly all had  cracked insulation.   I think skoda need to change their wire supplier! I'm surprised the pos and neg didn't short out as they were right next to each other without insulation as you can see 

20190412_132546.jpg

20190412_134715 (1).jpg

Edited by terrytowelling
  • Like 2

Just done mine today after stripping the rear door down to then find this thread.....

I did mine in place one wire at a time extending them all by about 2 inches 

I too stripped down the rear door until I saw this thread. All the time wondering why would the wire go faulty on a hardly used door lol The rubber boot looks  really nice but just hides some ordinary tightly stretched wires

Edited by terrytowelling

Just cut the plug off where the fraying is and solder about 20 cm wires onto the ones  coming out of the rubber thing then that gives you enough room to attach the other ends to the plug  ( use shrink wrap tubing to cover the joins ), then when that's done you can pull through any slack into the door. I had a old washing machine loom hanging about in the garage which fortunately has many different coloured wires so I used these

Edited by terrytowelling