Car stolen last night m34 area

Ramituppa

Had my black Skoda octavia vrs pe03 rko stolen from Denton Manchester last night please pass this round on as many sites as poss people just spent nearly £2000 on mods in last 3 months so totally gutted its my pride and joy.

Got a crumpled drivers wing and forge sticker on back window.

Thanks people

Might i suggest the traditional -

Mod move this to the Spotted thread and pin it for acouple of weeks?

With reg number in thread title?

More On Topic, that really sucks ass. Hope tey fi d it pretty quick and the scum bags dont wreck it on you..

Would the £2000 not have been better spent on a new wing???

Oh, and better anti theft security!...... :no: .

Maybe a Tracker, next time?

Seriously, I hope you do get it back though.

Car has now been returned and undamaged but all stereo equipment has gone and a few kids bits...but at least it's back thanks for sharing folks time for new alarm and tracker I thinks

• Like 1

Car has now been returned and undamaged but all stereo equipment has gone and a few kids bits...but at least it's back thanks for sharing folks time for new alarm and tracker I thinks

Found out how they took it yet?

PS: I have a great condition black driver's wing for £30  :P

Edited by devonutopia

Sorry to hear it got nicked, glad your happy to have it back. Make sure you check the following before telling your insurance company your happy, clutch, brakes, steering, suspension and under body damage. The phrase drive it like you stole it is for a reason and are often used to commit crime so beware. Personally I wouldn't want mine back and don't believe that they will ever be the same. I think Im also correct in thinking all stolen recovered cars are classed as cat d right offs which will massively reduce its future value.

Taken on the key and after making a few calls and threats got car back with key only damage is front bumper has been knocked slightly but all tyres are good only done about 15 miles from stolen drives fine and when get up on ramps will make sure all is well underneath but so glad it's back and now has additional immobiliser so can't go even with the key now

• 2 weeks later...

Contrary to what someone above said, stolen cars are not categorised as Cat D's unless they are damaged beyond economic repair. Most cars these days are stolen for parts / export so are rarely driven in a way to draw attention to them. Usually get parked up for a few days and if not recovered get moved and disposed of by the criminal gangs.

Make sure your insurance company removes the stolen tag from the insurance database.

Hi, this is not true! Stolen cars are catogarised cat d if they are stolen and the insurance company pay out. A cat d right off can happen if the total cost of repair which includes loss in value, recovery, damage, storage etc amount to more than 65% of the cars value. If you get your car back after its stolen don't just look at it and say, "Thanks, it looks about the same" think about under body damage, damage to the suspension, brakes, steering, engine, paint work etc etc. Personally I wouldn't want mine back after 30 minutes let alone a couple of days. I can tell u they are driven hard, fast and recklessly before they are parked up.

I can tell u they are driven hard, fast and recklessly before they are parked up.

How do you know this?

Have you nicked all of them? Lol.

Maybe some of the people who nick them are sensible enough to drive sensibly, to try to stay 'under the radar', so to speak.

• Like 1

Most high powered cars like the Vrs, golf R and Audi S3 are stolen to commit crime,like burglaries, essentially they can get away from the police easily. They are often parked up for a day or 2 after being stolen to see if they have a tracker fitted, but before they are parked up and once the thief starts to use it, he isn't going to care about pot holes, kurbs, driving it hard, smoking in it etc etc. Personally if I had a nice car and it was nicked I wouldn't want a call from the police saying "Good news we've got your car back".