Configurator pricing

OK I have configured the vehicle which gives the Recommended OTR price.

What discount can I expect, if any, for a cash, no trade in, purchase.

As above it seems many people user CarWow or other discount sites to get a basic price & then go to a couple of dealers to negotiate the best price based on this.

I had around 12% discount on the RRP but the system works a bit differently here in Switzerland.

OK I have configured the vehicle which gives the Recommended OTR price.

What discount can I expect, if any, for a cash, no trade in, purchase.

Probably not that great from a Skoda dealer going on when I was looking in September, they couldn't get close to the discounts offered by some of the brokers......

As above it seems many people user CarWow or other discount sites to get a basic price & then go to a couple of dealers to negotiate the best price based on this.

I had around 12% discount on the RRP but the system works a bit differently here in Switzerland.

I did this and asked a couple of local dealers to match. I am also using the 'Skoda Loyalty Discount' to get another £1k off. It sounds like SKODA UK not the dealer gives the £1k off so they should not worry.

Without taking the Loyalty Discount into account it was around 12% with cash.

Edited by Higgy 69

Do the brokers only provide stock vehicles. I am looking at one with around £3k of options.

I have emailed my local dealer for a % reduction. I somehow suspect he will want the full spec before providing a price.

No, you configure it whatever way you want it and the discount applies to the options as well (I would confirm that in writing, though).

I paid just over £18k in 2010 for a MKII Octy Scout with a few options that would have cost approx £22.5k. Most of the 1-2 yo second hand Scouts were still North of £20k. No dealers were offering any discounts, so buying through a broker was a no brainer.

I'd be surprised if you didn't get at least £5k off an Octy or Superb.

Edited by Guest

OK thanks, I have given CarWow the spec lets see what comes in. The Skoda configurator ended up at £25k

Edited by DonjSZ5

Cash or no trade in does little on the discount front, indeed it can actually work against you.

A dealer taking in a P/ex can offset some discount between what they offer for the p/ex and what they can sell it for.

Likewise a dealer will get commission on a finance deal and pass some of that onto a customer in the form of a discount.

Dealers likely have 16-20% total margin in the new car...they'll likely want to retain at least 6-8% so 12 - 14% is probably achievable.

As said above lack of trade in can often stand against you as there is typically more % margin in used cars (buy low, sell high) so with a good PX that they could resell they stand to profit twice.

They can play with the margin on both vehicles, perhaps to offer you a slightly better deal on the new purchase if that makes sense.

Try the cars2buy website,  usually 3 or 4 companies come up when you enter the model and spec.

You will then need to try each company for discounts (and the percentage goes up and down every few days), options may or may not get same percentage discount.   Have been quotes of over 20% off sometimes (but don't know how reliable they are)

My local dealer, where I have purchased 2 Skodas has stated 8% for cash.

So much for loyalty discount!  That's lame!  Seriously consider the online brokers chap, I doubt the dealers will match it.  Our L&K was spec'd to over 30k and we got it for under 25k, over 6k discount. Happy days!

So much for loyalty discount!  That's lame!  Seriously consider the online brokers chap, I doubt the dealers will match it.  Our L&K was spec'd to over 30k and we got it for under 25k, over 6k discount. Happy days!

Yes, this is one time when I may not be supporting my local traders. After buying my Yeti I have lost faith in them via their customer care/after sales side.

Yes, this is one time when I may not be supporting my local traders. After buying my Yeti I have lost faith in them via their customer care/after sales side.

I went through CarWow and the best deal I got was from a local dealer so you can still support them if you wish. Or wait till you get about 6 offers back then walk into your local dealer with it on your phone and say if you beat this I'll order.

You can still haggle when you get there after the Carwow offers, I managed an extra £25 a month off both cars to hit the budget I wanted.

You just have to be prepared to walk away if it's not right.

I am not in PCP position, cash buy only or nothing.

I have now received 4 quotes from CarWow and 12% is the best at the moment.

Edited by DonjSZ5

What is the spec you are looking at, and is it hatch or estate? The company I used are giving discounts of £2800 to £5000+;

Skoda Octavia Scout 184 DSG is £23093 against retail of £28200.

A 1.6 110 S diesel estate is £16046 against £19500 retail.

The smallest discount is £2695 against the Business estate.