Amundsen MIB2- has sound quality improved?

I live near Telford. If you don't know where that is its 30mins from Birmingham in a westerly direction. If you live near your more than welcome to test the sound in my VRS. It was bought in December so has a amundsen and runs MIB2.

Sean

• Like 1

My problem with the Octavia MIB1 stock system was never sound quality...just didnt go loud enough.

MIB2 is better all round but still a little buggy disappointingly.

I havent experienced MIB2 on an Octavia but ive also had MIB1 and 2 on Mk7 Golfs (2014.5 and 2016 GTD's)....admittedly both were better than the MIB1 Octavia and I cant tell a huge difference between MIB1 and 2 on the Golf....am sure it will be better though.

Screen res for one is infinintely better.

Thanks its reassuring to note they have sorted the sound out a bit. I'm nowhere near Telford but thanks for the offer.

I found that doing the firmware update to the MIB1 improved the sound, but I have an Audi TT as a weekend car and that has a BOSE sound system which is far better in comparison

The sound in the MY16 Octy which is MIB2 based is respectable. I really can't relate to the complaints about sound quality by people with older cars.

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

I drove a MY15 car before ordering the MY16 and the sound is louder and much Bassier. Sound quality is a bit better but nowhere as good as the yeti I had.

Yeti set up probably more or less the same as a Mk2 Octavia....sound system in my Blackline was about as good a stock OEM system ive heard.....v bassy and v loud!

Yeti set up probably more or less the same as a Mk2 Octavia....sound system in my Blackline was about as good a stock OEM system ive heard.....v bassy and v loud!

Don't get me wrong - the Octavia now sounds quite good... it just doesn't sound as clear as the exceptional standard system in the yeti and your old Octavia. My Octavia sounds a little muffled and compressed - the yeti was wonderfully open with great imaging and distortion free when cranked up. I suspect the amplifier section is not as high quality.

The Amundsen + Canton on our MY16 L&K sounds excellent - clear, good imaging and real bass - not the boomy stuff which ruins male speaking voices. Maybe I could improve it with some tweaking - not yet sure if it has an automatic sound setting related to car speed (our Mk2 did).

• 2 years later...

I have found that if streaming / Bluetooth music from phone, you need to have the phone vol turned right up (even if you then turn it down in the car) to get a balanced sound  :^]

8 hours ago, Lordch said:

I have found that if streaming / Bluetooth music from phone, you need to have the phone vol turned right up (even if you then turn it down in the car) to get a balanced sound  :^]

Same here on my 15 plate.  Bluetooth defo quieter than playing direct from SD card

On 1/8/2016 at 00:17, Edwardw121 said:

It is. Just swapped mine today. Sounds more bassy and most importantly it goes louder !! Plus the screen looks beautiful compared!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This