Carista App.

With the official Carista amazon you get a full month of pro features for free then you can cancel, went to plug the app in this morning and before i switched the engine on the app said CAR BATTERY TOO LOW.

So i tried to switch the car on and it would'nt start made a weird buzzing noise & flickering lights on the dashboard....

Called RAC out and he confirmed battery close to dead and replaced battery. So the app is of great use t but as far as i can see it only tells you when your battery is close to dead by the advice of it not connecting.

Is there any apps that actually monitor the battery condition? 

With the official Carista amazon you get a full month of pro features for free then you can cancel, went to plug the app in this morning and before i switched the engine on the app said CAR BATTERY TOO LOW.

So i tried to switch the car on and it would'nt start made a weird buzzing noise & flickering lights on the dashboard....

Called RAC out and he confirmed battery close to dead and replaced battery. So the app is of great use t but as far as i can see it only tells you when your battery is close to dead by the advice of it not connecting.

Is there any apps that actually monitor the battery condition?

You only get a month free if you take out a years sub

• 3 months later...
On 27/04/2017 at 20:13, FlexibleMouse said:

I'm in Coventry

Thanks to flexiblemouse as today he added a few nice little features to my car and didnt want any beer tokens. 

Top bloke thanks alot. :)

All excited at the arrival of my wi fi obd2 dongle today.

So download Carista app onto iphone and plug dongle into car.

Synch dongle to phone and start app.

Carista appears to recognise dongle but when 'customise', 'service' or 'diagnose' are selected the app simply spins away without actually doing anything. Left app to run for 5 and then 10 minutes but only spinning of symol on phone screen ensued.

Tried with just ignition on and then with engine running. Same result, no matter how many swear words I used or faces I pulled!

I feel your pain, that should not be happening!  Which dongle did you buy?  I just bought the rather expensive but reliable Carista one, things might not have worked first time though, which made me think that I had done something wrong, I even reported a problem to Carista which was not prompted replied to - but when I next tried to use it all was working okay - except that I was trying it on my wife's brand new at that time Polo 6C and Carista was not ready for that car at that time, only basic diagnosis worked. Tried it on the late 2009 Ibiza and sorted out its "auto locking" quickly though!

4 hours ago, rum4mo said:

I feel your pain, that should not be happening!  Which dongle did you buy?  I just bought the rather expensive but reliable Carista one, things might not have worked first time though, which made me think that I had done something wrong, I even reported a problem to Carista which was not prompted replied to - but when I next tried to use it all was working okay - except that I was trying it on my wife's brand new at that time Polo 6C and Carista was not ready for that car at that time, only basic diagnosis worked. Tried it on the late 2009 Ibiza and sorted out its "auto locking" quickly though!

I retried the Carista app this morning, using the wifi dongle I bought off ebay.

I managed to get up to 25% on the 'service' part of the app and then it went back to spinning away happily but not actually doing anything. 

Think I'll order a new dongle - I was trying to avoif the cost of the official Carista dongle but if I have to buy too manynebay dongles I won't be saving much, if any, money.

Thanks for your reply! :)

I have a generic Chinese Bluetooth adapter and have always had trouble getting it to connect, I always assumed it was a compatibility issue with the adapter but to be honest it seems the app is garbage. You can eventually get it to do what you want by reconnecting to the adapter, cycling Bluetooth on and off and cycling the ignition. Once you have struggled to get it the way you want it you will never need it again.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FlexibleMouse said:

I have a generic Chinese Bluetooth adapter and have always had trouble getting it to connect, I always assumed it was a compatibility issue with the adapter but to be honest it seems the app is garbage. You can eventually get it to do what you want by reconnecting to the adapter, cycling Bluetooth on and off and cycling the ignition. Once you have struggled to get it the way you want it you will never need it again.

Thanks. That's the annoying part, only needing it to work once!

I had the same problem. I bought a couple of different cheapo dongles and they didnt work with Carista. So I bought the official Carista dongle and did all the customisations I wanted and then sold it again. Funny thing was that some nutter bought it from me second hand on Ebay for more than the price of a brand new one on Amazon. Result!

• Like 1

My new, different eBay dongle arrived this morning.

Plugged in, synched to phone, purchased one week app and enabled all the features I wanted, all in 10 minutes.

Much happier now!

I'm presuming the fault lay with the eBay dongle I tried previously.

• Like 1