Smoke from engine bay

• 4 weeks later...

Can you believe it!!!

Same problem just resurfaced from the same area.

Noticed smoke coming up from just below windscreen when parked, and sure enough, looks like it's coming from the side of the DPF.

Also noticed white smoke from the rear on accelerating - this could be the smoke from engine bay being sucked out from underneath?

What gives? It is normal for a recent fitted DPF filter and clamp to fail?

Can't afford time off the road this week:(

well, just the bolt holding the clamp was loose, tightened it up and not so much smoke, but still a little......

should the bolt work its way loose, or was it not tightened properly? Did not notice any smoke after it was repaired, but did not check to see if the bolt was loose either.

• 1 month later...

well, just the bolt holding the clamp was loose, tightened it up and not so much smoke, but still a little......

should the bolt work its way loose, or was it not tightened properly? Did not notice any smoke after it was repaired, but did not check to see if the bolt was loose either.

Hi, my car has the same issue. New filter and new clamp. And it still blow fume smell. It seems like the clamp always become loose or can not prevent the fume coming out. How is your car now?

it is currently at skoda being fixed again, but they are driving it around for a few days to see if the bolt comes loose again, before giving it back to me.,

it is currently at skoda being fixed again, but they are driving it around for a few days to see if the bolt comes loose again, before giving it back to me.,

Yes. But I think the reason should be the DPF which produce a lot of back pressure and make the exhaust leak.  I will follow up and to find good solution.

• 5 years later...
On 11/01/2016 at 19:57, FLAPPERJACK7 said:

No 7 and 8 on the picture. Done a fair few when I worked for Skoda.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

@FLAPPERJACK7 After smelling strong exhaust fumes in the cabin on a few occasions I popped the bonnet and spotted some tell-tale sooty signs in my engine bay...now hoping it's nothing more serious than that gasket & clamp issue you mentioned...

*P1180467.JPG

*P1180468.JPG

*P1180469.JPG