ACC with stop/start

Manual page 165:

Automatic stop-start

Vehicles with an automatic transmission can decelerate to a standstill and start moving again using the ACC.
Starting to drive again after a holding period
As soon as the vehicle ahead starts moving again after a holding period, your vehicle will also move and the speed will continue to be regulated.

What happens in reality is as soon as ACC stops the car, Maxidot will show "ACC ready to start" and won't start the engine until I press the accelerator.

Is this automatic stop/start interfering with ACC?

No. This happens even when stop/start is disabled.

Manual page 165:

If the preceding vehicle starts moving again after a long break, then to continue
the regulation press the accelerator pedal or lever to position 

I suppose the question is how long that break has to be?

its a safety feature, to stop the car moving whilst you maybe unaware. For example you maybe looking behind you or otherwise have your eyes off the road, no hands on wheel etc. At least your ACC goes all the way down to zero, the system on my A8 shuts off at 20mph.

Edited by mannyo

I got round to experiencing what ACC does with a manual on a busy section of the M6 this week.

ACC with remain active all the way down to a few mph so long as you change down through the box. The car then bings and requests the brake to be applied to regulate the car at crawling pace and this will deactivate the system. So definitely need DSG for it to be a complete system, but is excellent nevertheless even in manual form.

• Like 2

I got round to experiencing what ACC does with a manual on a busy section of the M6 this week.

ACC with remain active all the way down to a few mph so long as you change down through the box. The car then bings and requests the brake to be applied to regulate the car at crawling pace and this will deactivate the system. So definitely need DSG for it to be a complete system, but is excellent nevertheless even in manual form.

This matches my experience exactly.

You have to wait until the vehicle in front has moved far enough away before the ACC will restart automatically. So if you have the ACC set at max distance you will find that the distance required is too much to avoid the inevitable 'beep beep wake up mate' from the vehicle behind you. Set to minimum it does work but there is a that lag which you have to get used to waiting for.

That's my expereince from trying to use it. I don't bother to use it much in that way anymore. Maybe on one of those stop/start motorway queues that go on for ages and people are not pushing you to move off but not in urban traffic.

• Like 1