Heated Seats

Hello

I have a 2009 Superb with four heated seats.

When I switch the seat heaters on, the lights come on but the seats don't heat up. The fuses (37 and 38) in the internal fuse board seem to be ok.

I think it would be very unusual for all four seat heater elements to fail at the same time.

I have read that there may be a central relay that controls all four seat heaters.

Has anyone come across this and maybe has information on the cause of the problem.

Many thanks

Daft question but Are you sitting in them. Mine don't get hot unless you are sat in them. Not sure if there is a sensor or if the heat dissipates too quickly to feel it.

I think they still heat up but because your not compressing the layers together you don't actually feel the heat come through. If i put my passenger seat on with nobody sat in it it does get ever so slightly warmer

Hi Tony, I notice you have Superb 1 you might get more info you you post this in the Superb 1 forum. Do you have any other failures? I am thinking about the dreaded water ingress  :peek:

Hello,

Thanks for the replies.

I have tried the seats by sitting on them and not sitting on them. If I sit on them, they seem to get warm but that could be me warming the seats and not the seats warming me.

I went to my local Skoda dealer about the problem. They offered to put the car on their computer for £90 pounds before they did any work. I decided that the cost of the computer was more than I wanted to pay and so may be stuck with cold seats.

My car has had other problems, one of them sorted out and the more serious one in ongoing.

The problem that's been sorted is the dreaded twin door wiring. The switch on the hatch worked most of the time and then stopped working alltogether. The same happened to the saloon part. I looked on the forum and there is a very good post on the repair of the wiring.

There are ten wires from the boot light lights and tailgate switches. When I removed various pieces of trim, six of the wires were broken and four damaged. I followed the post, repaired the wires and everything is ok.

The other problem I have is difficult to find. For some period of time I have had a discharge from the battery when the car is stood. I have diconnected the battery and left overnight. The discharge is still there The dicharge is 250mA which over a couple of days will dicharge the battery low enough for the car not to start. The electical system has been checked by an automobile electrician who coudn't find any fault. I have had a new battery and alternater but neither has cured the fault. It has been suggested it could be the Columbus system but I don't really want to go there.

My car does appear on the forum as a Superb 1 but is in actual fact a Superb 2. It must have been me when I set it up