Brake Bulb

Sounds like a defective bulb, I guess when Skoda are fitting thousands of them a week it is only fair to assume they get a few duff ones from time to time.

Bulbs aren't normally covered under warranty but given this one has failed so soon I'd be asking for the dealer to replace it for free.

I did. Brake light failed after three months and was replaced under warranty. They said that lights were covered for 6 months, after that I was on my own. I asked if it could be something to do with the engine stop/start and the DSG box, where you have to keep the brakes on when you stop at lights etc but they said no: it's just the luck of the light bulb. Mind, I have got incandescent running lights and these are on all the time and hey have not failed. I was pleased that the dashboard indicated that there was a brake light failure.

On mine, the left brake bulb went after 4 months, and the right after 6 months.

I just replaced them as it is not so difficult to do.

Assume that the factory mounted brake bulbs is cost saving crap, as I never had troubles with brake bulps in my previous cars. .

BTW: It is a neat feature that the car points out the defective bulb.

• 1 year later...

24 months and no blow so far. But when Ill fit LEDs for sure. Fit&forget.