Two quick questions

Yes that's correct, I got caught with that at the start aswell!. I discovered recently that the 'RES' button on the Climatic contols uses heat from the engine to heat the car if you park up for a while (max 30mins) Very handy on the school run on a cold morning!

Hi,

Can you please tell me where I can find this 'RES' button ?

Is it the Recirculate Mode button ?

Thanks,

VC

Yes, viralchristian, that is the one, in the middle of the Climate system to the left of "Sync".

A cool function as I have only ever seen and used it on a Mercedes E-class Estate before. Skoda is getting up there with the expensive guys at a fraction of the cost.

Edited by ssc

While on the subject of questions concerning operation of the car's function, again I've not looked at the manual, but is the a quick mute button for the Columbus system?

Would have thought there would be a mute button on the steering wheel functions but I've not found it. I know music obviously mutes when phone picks up a call, and volume decreases when selecting reverse, but I'd still have a mute button for times when you lower your window to have a natter with someone outside and you want to turn the sound off quickly.

Or sport results come on the radio and you've recorded F1 on a Sunday afternoon to watch it later, so you want to quickly kill the radio volume. Or is it just me who does that?

Edited by Leeboy

While on the subject of questions concerning operation of the car's function, again I've not looked at the manual, but is the a quick mute button for the Columbus system?

Would have thought there would be a mute button on the steering wheel functions but I've not found it. I know music obviously mutes when phone picks up a call, and volume decreases when selecting reverse, but I'd still have a mute button for times when you lower your window to have a natter with someone outside and you want to turn the sound off quickly.

Click the volume button on the steering wheel (e.g. push it in rather than scrolling it up or down). Click in again to un mute :)

• Like 1

Same as S2.

Not on my S2, where it was the voice command button. The only way to mute (without activating other features) was turn the volume right down.

I haven't got out of the old S2 habit and, to use voice command, hit the mute instead of the new voice command button in my S3.

Yes, viralchristian, that is the one, in the middle of the Climate system to the left of "Sync".

A cool function as I have only ever seen and used it on a Mercedes E-class Estate before. Skoda is getting up there with the expensive guys at a fraction of the cost.

So, this works by using the residual heat from the engine (assuming it's already warmed up) to keep the cabin warm whilst the engine is off? So, no need to leave the engine running whilst parked up to stay warm?

The coolant system is essentially split in two. An auxiliary pump circulates coolant from the cylinder head to the cabin heat exchanger and keeps it warm for up to 30 minutes IIRC.

Hi,

Can you please tell me where I can find this 'RES' button ?

Is it the Recirculate Mode button ?

Thanks,

VC

Sorry it's REST not RES, typo error but here's a pic of it.....