Spec me a pre-wash

laff82

Evening All

I've been using valet pro citrus as a pre snowfoam pre-wash since i got into this detailing lark and have just run out.  Has anybody got anything better to recommend as an alternative?

My motor often gets pretty cruddy as i have a rural b-road commute and often dont get chance to clean it for a month or more at a time, so the more potent whilst lsp safe the better.

ta very much.

Simon

• Like 1

Just to check, you want something as a stage before applying snowfoam?

i do, mainly for the heavy soil areas of the car.  I dont tend to bother with anything before foam in summer, just winter.

Hey Simon - hope you are well mate.

Currently finishing off the ValetPro Citrus like yourself; I did get Autobrite Citrus wash 5L in the Xmas sale.

So that's next on the list for me....

As stated above - plenty to go at and all those Brands mentioned get decent reviews.

Let us know how you get on  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thinking about it a bit further Simon - it might be worth getting in touch with Andy at CYR and seeing if he can do you a sample pack of pre-wash options.

I know he stocks TDG, Nanolex, Power-maxxed and more.  Could be an interesting little test  :thumbup:

ie. in the snowfoam/prewash section...

http://www.cleanyourride.uk/shop-sample/snowfoam-prewash-sample/frost-mixed-samples-snowfoam-4pack

• Like 4

Oh dear! That doesn't sound good although I did notice that he hasn't posted on here for a little while but i just assumed he was busy or on holiday.

Any ideas why?

Such a shame about this, but read this http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/385327-banned-user-log/

Should answer a few questions, but I don't know the whole story behind it.

• Like 3

I love Valet Pro citrus its superb in winter and a brilliant bug shifter in summer.I have to say though i got 10 ltrs of power maxed wash and wax and 5 lits of Bh auto foam to try yet .

:thumbup:

• Like 4

thanks guys, plenty of suggestions to read up on  :thumbup: 

Hey Simon - hope you are well mate.

Currently finishing off the ValetPro Citrus like yourself; I did get Autobrite Citrus wash 5L in the Xmas sale.

So that's next on the list for me....

As stated above - plenty to go at and all those Brands mentioned get decent reviews.

Let us know how you get on  :thumbup:

I am well mate, thanks for asking! hope you are too..

Thinking about it a bit further Simon - it might be worth getting in touch with Andy at CYR and seeing if he can do you a sample pack of pre-wash options.

I know he stocks TDG, Nanolex, Power-maxxed and more.  Could be an interesting little test  :thumbup:

ie. in the snowfoam/prewash section...

http://www.cleanyourride.uk/shop-sample/snowfoam-prewash-sample/frost-mixed-samples-snowfoam-4pack

great find Ste!

• Like 1

Such a shame about this, but read this http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/385327-banned-user-log/

Should answer a few questions, but I don't know the whole story behind it.

I was wondering why Chris hadnt voiced an opinion, that explains it.

Sad to lose someone with his enthusiasm for the subject matter and willingness to share from the forum, albeit someone who could be a source of friction. Hopefully Chris & Briskoda will both be better off this way.

• Like 1

Just to add an update on this topic - my current mix of  pre-wash ran out yesterday; so i decided to make use of a recent purchase and prepare the new mixture in the 2L Kwazar Venus Foamer.

Very impressed with this and worked really well..... not cheap (but great results).

I ordered mine from KKD in the Boxing day sale - so thankfully a decent discount.

venus-snow-foam-hand-sprayer-2-litre-pum

• Like 1

that looks like an impressive bit of kit, but my cheapo wilko pump sprayer is still going strong.

No worries Simon. :thumbup:

Likewise - my cheapo sprayer is still performing pretty well actually;

but i had invested in this as a back-up option when D-day finally comes

and the cheapo version fails....  :giggle:;)

• Like 1

No worries Simon.[emoji106]

Likewise - my cheapo sprayer is still performing pretty well actually;

but i had invested in this as a back-up option when D-day finally comes

and the cheapo version fails.... :giggle:;)

In fairness how many pump sprayers are too many? My garage already looks like I'm preparing for some sort of detailing good shortage.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

• Like 1