Arrived - MY16 Skoda Rapid Spaceback - Corrida Red - Photos / Ownership Thread

My Rapid (Toledo) is on the long life service plan.

My turbo needed replacing at 25000 miles (having had only 1 service in that period).

I agree with Chris on here, extended service intervals and turbo cars are not a good mix.

I agree, on a car which does low mileage, it would be suited to on the annual service.

Instead the dealer advised the car should be set to long life and therefore it wont be serviced.

The oil due message was reset via the cluster method.

Now shows 9400 miles or 365 days.

Do you have option code QI6 on the car. That's the long life code. However it's intended for high mileage users and it's owner choice whether to do annual service or high miles service.  I think regular oil changes are even more important on diesels.

Ensuring the oil quality is good is essential to the TDI engines. Although the ECU is supposed to take various parameters into account and prompt the user to change oil when the car needs it, I have opted to change the oil and the oil filter every 5000 miles no matter what. I live in a small town, I do a lot of small trips throughout the day (plus the occasional DPF cleaning trip of course) and the weather is usually hot so the oil gets degraded faster. Given the low cost of the oil service (comparatively) I think it's better to be safe than sorry.

If your daily trips are long enough, you don't push the turbo hard often and you use long-life oil, you can safely extend the oil change interval - or trust whatever the ECU tells you.

• Like 1

On 27/03/2017 at 18:23, camelspyyder said:

Do you have option code QI6 on the car. That's the long life code. However it's intended for high mileage users and it's owner choice whether to do annual service or high miles service.  I think regular oil changes are even more important on diesels.

QG1 WIV Service interval prolongation

See attached -- full factory spec of the car.  

Rapid_Spaceback_SE_Sport.pdf

1 hour ago, 67igor1 said:

Check last position on your specs... mean long life service...

You should change that...

Can you expand on what you mean pls ?

Thanks

6 hours ago, 67igor1 said:

That engine really needs fresh oil once per year...

I agree..and if the car was a long term keeper I would of got the oil changed.

12 hours ago, 67igor1 said:

That engine really needs fresh oil once per year...

Agreed, a least once a year. I do mine every six months.

This is also why a full service history is so important in a second hand car. With so many exPCP cars flowing into the used market, and with a growing number of PCP owners taking the view that stringent maintenance isn't a concern as they will be chopping it in regardless before anything breaks, it doesn't bode well for the longer term reliability of these cars.

• 3 months later...

Seen as photobucket have wrecked the thread...  i will just give figures.

Recent 300 mile drive - 76mpg.

Total miles covered - 9200.

Time to now look for a replacement, need to order a new one in the next 2 months...  Really want to see a MY18 SE Sport.. but no where local has one..

Edited by RickTT

• 5 months later...

2 weeks from been 24 months old.

11,500 miles recorded now over the 2 year period.

No issues with the car at all, the knock when reversing went in time, car has just had its first service last week,   Tyres are like new, car is in A1 minus condition excluding 1x  3cm scratch on the passenger door which i will detail when i give it a final clean before its returned.

Car is as new inside and drives like it, i drove it the other day, first time in months.. feels a nice little place to be...

The car has required nothing over the last 24 months and the next owner will be getting a good one.

Going to be half sad to see it go,

Once the car has gone i will update the thread with the final comments and get some photos uploaded..  (again.)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Last day of ownership...

The final mileage is 11,100 miles in total over the last 2 years.  (above post was a typo - should of said 10500)

Car is still in A* condition after i have detailed it and remove any surface marks on the body work and the next new owner is going to be getting a really cared for car. I am kind of said to see the little rapid go, its been a pleasure to have doing the school runs, shopping runs and more recently further distance to Wakefield train station...

To close the thread of ownership - i will upload some of the photos back to the thread...

sCvpKlP.jpg

j5cSgO7.jpg

A4xLzay.jpg

X63m1jJ.jpg

SEUNeM6.jpg

rNQT8jN.jpg

sPKwwq1.jpg

9bSKFIe.jpg

kV47R3K.jpg

LED DRL-s

q16FzLM.png

v1mfyjj.jpg

MZ0Xycn.jpg

wKjO7ns.jpg

• Like 1

Last update -

Car has now gone...   its on its way direct to British Car Auctions in Brighouse today...

It will make a really good buy for someone whos in the market for one ... Reg plate - YS65 YUC.

Thanks all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aldouk said:

I’ll track it through my account if I remember. 

Whats the replacement?

tempted by a 140i?!

Cool.. If you could see the selling price it would be intresting ! 

The replacement this time is a 2018 nissan qashqai in gun metal grey, n connecta spec with panno roof. Mrs choice.. She fancied something different away from vag stuff as her previous cars were in order, golf gti, golf mk5 2.0tdi, Vw polo sport, audi a4 and a street ka convertible... 

Edited by RickTT

4 hours ago, RickTT said:

Cool.. If you could see the selling price it would be intresting ! 

The replacement this time is a 2018 nissan qashqai in gun metal grey, n connecta spec with panno roof. Mrs choice.. She fancied something different away from vag stuff as her previous cars were in order, golf gti, golf mk5 2.0tdi, Vw polo sport, audi a4 and a street ka convertible... 

Yep it’ll give trade prices etc. Not sure about final price. 

Qashqai is good. Plenty of spec as standard too, we have one of them in the family 2016 model though. 

• Like 1

On 17/01/2018 at 12:57, aldouk said:

Whats the replacement?

Some stock photos of a like for like model of the replacement -   (too snowy and wet for good photos at the moment)

MHNRACh.jpg

C31CfLb.jpg

7qcJ2Bk.jpg

wVK7GO7.jpg

Looks like my colleague has changed the BCA log in details so I'll need to find that out

Looking at the condition report, someone will get a nice car.

I wonder why some dealers don't absorb them in to their network stock, especially nice examples like yours.

38 minutes ago, aldouk said:

Looks like my colleague has changed the BCA log in details so I'll need to find that out

Looking at the condition report, someone will get a nice car.

I wonder why some dealers don't absorb them in to their network stock, especially nice examples like yours.

Its a Lex Lease car, I would of expected maybe the supplying dealer would of wanted it for their forecourt... however as Lex has such a high turn over of cars, I guess its cheaper for them to do it this way...  plus the condition report is on the side of caution, but its still graded as a 1.

Edited by RickTT