Thinking of buying a fabia vrs

Hi there, just wondering if anyone recognises this fabia vrs for sale GF** osn it's at a dealer in kingsteignton Devon called speedwell online. Just seeing if anyone has any info. Thinking of buying it really tempted.has three services not all Skoda and 3 previous owners but very good condition.

Give skoda customer service a ring and ask if it's had any warranty work done.

Ask about the injectors and breather pipe mods.

I bought one from a non skoda dealer and I've got issues. but then again it is a 3rd hand car!

Do you know how long the last owner had it? If he / she got shot quickly I'd maybe be wary.

I'm the third keeper on my V5 but I've had the car for over four years (bought it when it was a year old).

Green 2011 with 32,000 miles.

You need to check the Warranty History, 

see if any, Engine, Breather Mod, ECU update, or Oil Spray Jets or Oil Consumption test.

Call Skoda UK Customer Services and check.

Then see if you can put a Skoda Extended Warranty on it with the Service History it has.

?

Are you getting it for under £8,000  because unless perfect in every way, £8,500 is too much.

You need to get a Main Dealer Service Done and buy the Extended Warranty.

See if the DSG Service Campaign is done.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot
  • Like 2

Looks good in the pics.

Maybe it was a Briskoda Members, looks familiar, but then Rally Green ones do.....

Pirelli Zero Nero tyres on the front.  

Usually fitted when a owner reported pulling to the left, unless they chose to fit as replacements.

Road test and see how it feels.

• Like 1

Do not count on early CTHE being more reliable, there were (are) members here that bought them and had engines replaced.

You could buy a used CTHE and it might have a replacement engine in, or a oil user.

A valid warranty is the most important thing,

an Original 3 or 5 year Manufacturers or a Skoda Approved Extended Warranty. IMO anyway.

It worry me that it's had 3 owners! Guessing it's a 10/11 plate?

Hi

I've just traded my vrs in and I was the third owner. It was 1st on the road in January 2011. I'd had the car for about 2 years and the car had just reached 41,000 miles. In that time it used no oil to talk about and was utterly reliable. I'd had it serviced twice, 2 new tyres and just recently new discs and pads all round.

It was purchased pretty much immediately on trade in by one of the mechanics at the garage who knew the history from their servicing of it and he'd seen it close up.

A few owners isn't neccessarily a problem, sometimes folk get bored and change for reasons other than escaping a problem car.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the comments, it's food for thought. like I say I've driven the car all seems good so far, when I owned the red estate it was faultless and maybe that's what I'm basing this one on. im not in a manic rush to buy quite yet so I might wait it out a bit longer. The Mrs is on about an octavia vrs tdi but it's just not the same in my opinion. I've also owned a petrol octavia just can't stay away from skodas.

• Like 1

Just an update really. Checked with Skoda uk no record of any recalls being done. Don't know wether this is a good thing. Ownership wise doesn't really bother me as I have an focus st and I'm the forth owner and it doesn't miss a beat. These type of cars are known to change hands regularly. There is a compromise the Mrs says there's an estate at Milton Keynes I know I said I wasn't keen on the estate but it's in green and growing on me. What do you guys think, All comments welcome.

• Like 1

All you need to do with one when you buy one is 

Change the Oil and Filter and put in 5W 40 full synthetic so you know what is in,

Change the Spark Plugs to DENSO, so you know what is in.

Check the Air Filter,

and have a Skoda Extended Warranty, 

then enjoy the car.

Is it from a skoda dealer?

Try and buy one from them with their warranty!

Plus there's a chance that everything that needs doing may have been done and looked at.

Phone the dealer up and ask about its history.

The green is a lovely colour for the VRS!

Just so people know.

A Skoda Approved Used Car, or a Seat, VW, Audi.

Might have all the Checks done.

That does not mean it is 'Serviced' before delivery, if a service is not due,

or that all 'Service Campaign work' Recall Actions are Carried out,

It does not mean the ECU is back to Factory Setting, and things like Brake Assist, Steering Assists, ECU are reset.

The car might even have a Re-map on it.

(Some had warranty issues after buying Skoda Approved Used, and then rejected the car for this reason.)

So you get a Skoda Warranty, 

but a Full Dealer Service History is not actually that valuable.

You can buy Cheaper good cars and buy a Skoda Warranty on an Unmodified car maybe,

or If Modifying forget the Warranty and Wing it on your own.

Anyone know the age limit for purchasing the extended Skoda warranty? Mine is up at the end of September when the car will be six years old. I was surprised I was able to buy one from Skoda when the car was five years old (after the previous extended warranty - underwritten by Carplan but sold by the dealer) had expired.

Think I might drop them an email.

Edit: Just phoned them - they'll send me out a renewal notice about 30 days beforehand (as long as the vehicle hasn't exceeded 100,000 miles - as it has only done 28,000 at present that's somewhat unlikely...).

Edited by Brian69