DSG 7

I've read some horror stories about the VW DSG7, as a lot of people complain about faults . Not so much about DSG6, but the DSG7 has a lot of problems, even looking in briskoda superb II, there are a lot of people complaining.

Have they done some improvements on the S III DSG 7, does anybody knows if it is  WET or DRY  ?

I've read some horror stories about the VW DSG7, as a lot of people complain about faults . Not so much about DSG6, but the DSG7 has a lot of problems, even looking in briskoda superb II, there are a lot of people complaining.

Have they done some improvements on the S III DSG 7, does anybody knows if it is  WET or DRY  ?

Not in my field of knowledge, but try looking in this thread.

Which engine are you looking at?  Assume its one of the lower powered petrol ones?

Early cars seemed to have problems with clutch packs which I understand was resolved a couple of years ago.

If it was really that bad I think they would have dropped it no?

On my 6th Superb, 1 manual MKI, 4 MKII's L&K DSG 170PS. Now on MKIII L&K DSG 190PS. Never had any problems with the 6 speed wet plate DSG boxes. The box in the MKIII is the best one of the lot. Up and down shifts seemlesly and not detectable, very slight feel in Sport and heavy foot. I think most people expect it to be like an automatic box with a fluid flywheel. After over 40 years as a MV Tech, also ex business owner would not consider anything but a DSG these days. Getting lazy in old age.

From what i could gather until now, there were massive issues with DSG 7 but it looks like they stopped around 2014. ( after the recall ).

Do we have any S III here with more than 30 000 miles on board with a DSG 7 ?

From what i could gather until now, there were massive issues with DSG 7 but it looks like they stopped around 2014. ( after the recall ).

Do we have any S III here with more than 30 000 miles on board with a DSG 7 ?

I had one MK 2 35,000k 58 plate Tsi 1.8, only problems was a vibration in second gear that only happened now and then.

Also had a company car MK 2 manual 2.0 Tdi the clutch was a little heavy, my manual MK 3 is very light and it was a worry that it was going to be like the MK 2, so if you're buying a DSG because of a dodgy left knee (like me) I recommend trying a manual first as it is worlds apart from the last model clutch so light and a slick gearbox.

Still awaiting here in Sweden too. 8 weeks so far so I guess half way...

I do drive a DSG7 1.8 TSI SII Combi today and have not had any problems. It has been very smooth and responsive. A very nice car to drive.

Edited by ssc