Dealer Discounts off list for a new VRS - what should I be looking for?

Best I got was an offer of £21,884 through carwow on finance. If you have positived equity or its a straight deal and theres a dealer near you it could be worth a look.

Seems the VRS hatch are shifting well at the moment with the 0% offer in place so the competition may have relaxed slightly!

For a VRS estate from a local stealer I got - 5% discount (£1,046) - £1,000 PCP contribution - £1,000 loyalty discount - 0% PCP - £500 prepaid credit card - free spare wheel - free flexible load liner - £20 fuel - wanted £500 as deposit, I gave them £200! - and top CAP valuation for trade-in.

Dealer couldn't get order form out quick enough when I said OK.

Do I feel as though I got the best deal in the world? - no - but it is what I am comfortable and can work with.  I did not add any options, GAP, life shine etc etc - my aim is to minimise cost.

Am sure a harder nosed negotiator than myself could have done a wee bit better (another few hundred off???) - but I was happy and avoided trailing round other dealers as they will not discuss anything over the phone or put in writing.

Good luck.

...£500 prepaid credit card - .

Any idea how this works? I got the same in my deal but there was no mention of how the card made its merry way to me! There was talk of it coming in the post but its been nearly two weeks!

Card will come in the post. Mine took 3 weeks. If you've not received it within a month contact your dealer.

You dealer should have explained this too you.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Hth

• Like 1

Any idea how this works? I got the same in my deal but there was no mention of how the card made its merry way to me! There was talk of it coming in the post but its been nearly two weeks!

My understanding of the mechanics of this are - receive car - dealer hands over a unique code - claim online - get credit card in a few weeks.

On the 16th Jan I ordered a VRS TDI DSG 4x4 Estate, I added about £1500 of offers and got the following:

£1000 Skoda deposit contribution

£1000 loyalty discount

£500 Fuel voucher

0% APR on a new PCP agreement

Top CAP price for my existing VRS TSI DSG Hatch

£1500 to cover the negitave equity from my current car which would have been discounted off the new car

• Like 1