Touch-Up Paint? Is There A Difference

Hi Folks 

I'm in need of getting some touch-up paint, just for minor stone chips on the front bumper etc but one thing I would like to know! is there a difference between these 3 paints or do you think its just for image purposes ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331751771803?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172067152700?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151956544724?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks

Agreed. You seem to be overreading the difference in packaging a wee bit - they all have the same code. Beyond that, what can you possibly do (or anyone else advise) other than buy and try it :)

Edited by vRSAnt
  • Like 1

Yeah they all have the same code etc that ain't what I'm thinking about? I was wondering if maybe one has a paint brush in the lid etc as oppose to just a pen touch-up or if there all the same regardless 

Probably just used stock photos - one says the colour is ...... graphite. As long as the correct code is ordered I wouldn't worry.

One says touch up pen, one says paint, the third says pencil. probably all the same, and I've NEVER found one of these kits without a (rubbish) brush in the cap.

• Like 1

Which do you prefer, seeing the chips, or, slightly different coloured repairs, which will fade and probably blend-in after it's weathered a bit?

I prefer to do it properly if I can - limit the amount of paint going into the cavity, and blend it down if theres too much. Almost impossible with the standard brush as mentioned above, i.e. use something else.

• Like 1

I prefer to do it properly if I can - limit the amount of paint going into the cavity, and blend it down if theres too much. Almost impossible with the standard brush as mentioned above, i.e. use something else.

a needle is good, or really fine artist brush.

• Like 2

Received Race Blue Touch-up this morning in the post

Purchased from here:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/172067152700?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&_mwBanner=1

Has a brush in the lid but think I will use as suggested above, a little fine artist brush, other than that the colour match looks pretty much spot on.

May even be worth transferring a blob onto a bit of card or plastic to work from and then tightening the lid quick ?

As obviously with all the time and care needed to focus, all the solvents are disappearing and before you know it you have a nice solid lump of unusable, unrunny paint globule !

- Actually takes a bit longer than that, but just thinking sensibly as theres nothing more annoying than having a full, but solid, paint pen. Usually happens to me because of a snapped overtightened case but can happen through keeping the lid off too often.

Edited by vRSAnt
  • Like 1

You could use cellulose putty, to fill chip up level, then rub down, spray area with undercoat, then top coat finish with clear lacquer for a more professional finish?

Chips are a beast to camouflage, just by painting over, as they leave uneven levels which casts shadows and highlight repaired area.

• Like 1