MY16 SB - 1.4 TDI (3cyl) Notchy Gear Box (more so 2nd to 3rd)

1.4 TDI (3cyl) Notchy Gear Box (more so 2nd to 3rd)

Anyone found that the 5sp gearbox is very notchy, more so from 2nd to 3rd.  Im finding resistance from 2nd to 3rd, not to the point it wont go in as it will but feel a notch through the process and pehaps a slight element of pause rather than a fluid process. 

I guess the key question is this a characteristic of the SB or is something not right ? I need to test drive another car to see if its replicated. Also, My expectations are that the gear box should echo the feeling of other VAG cars.

Thanks

Been out this evening and got the the car "upto" proper temp and i have found the gear box is a lot smother once the gearbox oil temp has increased.

Will see how it goes over the miles... its still only got 250 miles on it.

I think VAG are inconstent at the gearbox plant - I just drove a Leon with the same 6spd gearbox as mine and it was a bu99er to get into 4th almost every time, whereas the Rap-edo gearbox is one of the best bits of the car.

With only 250 miles on you cant really judge it.

Needs at least 1k miles in my opinion.

These VAG gearboxes dont like to be rushed. Mine has 2k on it now, but is still baulky especially when its colder weather.

• Like 1