Wing mirrors slow to defrost

First time for the new car in frost. The main and rear windows cleared pretty quickly, but the wing mirrors didn't. I presume they are heated (SE business)! Maybe another thing to look up in the manual? Or are they just a bit rubbish?!

They do not defrost automatically - you have to turn the mirror adjustment selector to the rightmost position to turn the heating on. The slightly annoying thing is having to remember to switch it to the left mirror adjustment position before reversing so that the left mirror lowers.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It would be better if the mirror heaters came on with the rear window heater as they did on my Insignia. They would also turn off automatically after a preset time - it's so easy on the Superb to forget that the mirror heaters are on.

However, I do find that they clear quickly.

Front screen also clears very quickly as the petrol engine warms up much faster than a diesel.

As above.. on the Spaceback Rapid (which we got 2 weeks ago) you have to move the selector to heat, but they defrosted quick.

In fairness i have just left them on all the time, more so with the amount of wet weather we have had recently.

Yes, the old car had combined rear view defroster with wing mirrors.... Thanks all!

Slightly missing heated seats now...

...or maybe I do have them but just don't know how to turn them on!!

Edited by thewinelake