I don't like the ACC, deal with it.

Or just press the accelerator, admittedly this defeats the point a little.

Exactly, if you are going to override it overtime you want to overtake then you may as well not bother having it on,

not to mention other cars will pull out into this 100 yard gap when you are in heavy traffic.

In the O3 the shortest distance for ACC is 2 seconds, so 100yds would be over 100mph...

Also, from my experiments in the O3 it will not brake actively when the speed difference is about 10mph or less.

ACC is not for those that like driving with "white van" distance to the car in front.

• Like 1

I don't like it much either . I like to use it sometimes in the right condition but at others I wish it had a normal cruise control option as well.

Uh? Turn off Front assist on the steering wheel and you`ve got normal cruise (takes 3 seconds). Whats the big problem? It`s an assist feature. There`s times and conditions when it is not appropriate, common sense prevails?  And remember that this is a relatively new generation, ACC will only get better as it evolves. Raise a glass to ACC.

Great thread guys. I'm in the like it camp I'm afraid. The more I use it, and the more I understand how it behaves, the more useful it's becoming. Accelerating and decelerating for different speed limits is easier than on the S2 system. Quick flick of the lever and it's done. No holding buttons in. I can increase and decrease distance to the car in front depending on the type of road and speed by toggling the top switch to the point it's becoming second nature. I don't travel too close (after all, it's not an Audi!) and apart from adhering to the 2 second rule, I don't want to suffer unneccessary stone chips.

As with most things in life, it's down to personal choice. I would have liked the speed limiter system on my S3. I use that more often on my wife's Mk7 Golf and again, personally, find it really useful. None of it is there to replace driving skills and the mk1 eyeball, but on today's ever busier roads and driving environment, anything to aid the driver should be a good thing.

The thing I don't like about it? Flashing my headlights instead of turning it on when I get the wrong lever! Guess that's going to take time too?

Uh? Turn off Front assist on the steering wheel and you`ve got normal cruise (takes 3 seconds). Whats the big problem? It`s an assist feature. There`s times and conditions when it is not appropriate, common sense prevails? And remember that this is a relatively new generation, ACC will only get better as it evolves. Raise a glass to ACC.

Really? I've been asking about this here but didn't realise it was that simple. So that basically just turns off the radar element? Even the dealer told me it couldn't be turned off.

Really? I've been asking about this here but didn't realise it was that simple. So that basically just turns off the radar element? Even the dealer told me it couldn't be turned off.

Tried that and ACC was still active

Uh? Turn off Front assist on the steering wheel and you`ve got normal cruise (takes 3 seconds). 

Going out now to check this!

I would have thought you would had actually tried it before mentioning it??

I too would have logically thought turning off front assist would turn off ALL the front assists, but no it’s only some of them... not sure which ones turn off and what stay on as I was only interesting in seeing if the ACC could be disabled. 

Front assist will break for you in emergency situations (up to 19mph) even with ACC off.

That is interesting, wonder why they even give you the option to turn it off then?

The emergency breaking is very good... it even picked up the car two cars in front of me braking hard before the car I was behind had started to break, I was obviously slightly to the left of the car I was following so did not see the car in front of him breaking, it was certainly a WTF! moment... until he braked VERY hard to avoid a collision.

I (wrongly) assumed that the ACC lever under the indicator stalk when pushed forward would operate as normal CC, and back for ACC on, a bit like the SLA works, but it doesn't. Thats a bit crap.

So....ACC activated all the time then, it seems.

Still, I`d rather be with it than without and I'll let the thread run it`s course!