News on the MY17 Citigo

Hyphons

With 2016 upon us, it's a good a time as any to start gathering intel on what the MY17 Citigo will have to offer

What I know so far - (we'll ignore the passenger control window switch on the drivers side and the parcel shelf string as many people already know about this and, the 2015 models have been rolling out with such features)

The current Citigo Monte Carlo (2016) will have Tinted rear lights as standard

The interior centre console will be red (Again the Citigo Monte Carlo only)

There is also rumours on the DRL's being where the current fog lights are (more detail is below and I believe this is confirmed for possibly the MY17 or the MY16)

There is no hiding it now there's picture proof, kindly submitted by Ronnie, it's clear to see that we do indeed get Climate Control (the same system from the E-Up!) and updated radio, looks like there's still a slot for the PID too

What the below photo does tell me however, which is a bummer, is that we still don't get built in indicaters for the mirrors (you'd notice this from this angle) along with MF (Multifunction)

Looks like interior/tech changes for MY17, full facelift later for the 'go then:

12779167_964038687021926_192978785411184

What's to be expected for next year?

Quote:

"Skoda Citigo

The smallest model will see its automatic air conditioning, the new system info and rain sensor. Citigo MY2017 will be announced after the traffic light LED daytime driving, which will be placed in the front headlights."

Source link (will need to be translated) - http://bit.ly/1Xo7Ek2 what the text from that link tells me is the following*

MY17 New (potential) Features -

Automatic air conditioning

So I'm gathering that this means Climate Control (this is already a feature on the MY15/16 E-Up! see here and navigate to interior - http://bit.ly/20ZxTPV)<--- See above

A new PID Updated 03/02/16

Going off of "New system info" I presume this to be a new PID? The new VW Up! has a reshaped dash to fit a entire new radio system + different infotainment design <--- See above

Rain sensor

Self explanatory, basically this is auto wipe (if you want to really go into the nitty gritty nerdy stuff see here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_sensor)

Traffic light LED day time driving

Traffic light what now??! Going on from above, I assume this just means LED DRL's but, the real plot twist is "Innovative Citigo then know mainly by LED daytime running lights in the main headlamps. " (see source link and scroll to Citigo, will need to be translated - http://bit.ly/1PrOlmY) the reason I say that is because that is 2 different sites that both say the LED DRL's will be built into the "main headlamps/front headlights" and not the fog lights as many have led to believe, we'll just have to see what the future brings and which one it'll be

Update - 13/02/16

Pleather Seats

Had a thought today that since the Up! has had the option for Pleather seats since release, this is something that could be introduced to the Citigo next year, but there is no word on this at all for the moment

Update and confirmed for release this year 22/02/16

Looks pretty basic and to be frank boring as it's something you could have configured yourself beforehand, I don't really see anything new in this new edition Citigo

http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/citigo-3-door/Pages/default.aspx#colour-edition

Update 23/02/16

Having seen Rob O post a photo of a rendering on a facelift CItigo I did a bit more snooping and looked at the site written on the photo's (http://rmcardesign.com/), this, IMO is a more realistic outlook on what we could see with a facelift Citigo, subtle differences but differences none the less (although I have seen the headlights used are from an Up!..)

25084314602_2b31b82a3b_o.jpg

24906954300_1323a9a718_o.jpg

This is all I've got for now at least.. I'll likely update this here and there when more info becomes readily available

*This is my own opinion and the facts above aren't strictly true and mere assumptions as to what the MY17 Citigo could feature in the near future

Edited by Hyphons
  • Like 1

Maybe the 1.0T? From the bluemotion golf?

I'd also agree with the above, a little bit more poke and the citigo would be a lot more fun!

I suspect it'll be from the Polo with the 1.0 TSI engine (same as what they use in the Up! TSI)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Climate Control is an interesting addition. Do we know yet if there are any pictures of a Citigo model with it fitted?

Also, have we seen any pictures of the red centre console yet?

Not a Citigo model but there are some E-Up! interior photos looming about on the web with it fitted, as for the contre console I ordered one last December and picked it up yesterday

97046df3126039f023dcc7e0f7beefc8.jpg

I'd be surprised if we got climate control. Apparently the up trio are expensive to make and sell so I doubt vag would want to increase the price.

The only way they can make pcps competitive is to over value the cars on the gfv.

• Like 1

The MY17 cars will be facelifts, should be at the Geneva motorshow next month.

I have seen all the things above mentioned (climate, new infotainment, maxidot). Should be some exterior changes too including DRLs in the headlights.

Also seen rumours online of the 90bhp TSI and that the SEAT Mii may be discontinued altogether.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if we got climate control. Apparently the up trio are expensive to make and sell so I doubt vag would want to increase the price.

The only way they can make pcps competitive is to over value the cars on the gfv.

I guess the climate will be optional.

I can't see why the cars would be particularly expensive to build per se but I did hear the trio weren't selling as well as they hoped so maybe it's economies of scale?

I think they maybe vastly overestimated the market for these cars, I see loads round here so I wouldn't say they were selling poorly.

Edited by RapidRonnie
  • Like 1

I hope they keep the PID port backward-compatible.

I think they maybe vastly overestimated the market for these cars, I see loads round here so I wouldn't say they were selling poorly.

Same here (East Anglia), plenty of Up! and Citigo, considering they've only been out 4 years.

The MY17 cars will be facelifts, should be at the Geneva motorshow next month.

I have seen all the things above mentioned (climate, new infotainment, maxidot). Should be some exterior changes too including DRLs in the headlights.

Also seen rumours online of the 90bhp TSI and that the SEAT Mii may be discontinued altogether.

I think you're actually spot on there tbh, googling a facelift Up! and Citigo shows a facelift but for the Seat there's nothing

Emailed Mitchell's today with a general enquiry about a 3 door Citigo and was told Skoda are about to release another special edition Citigo same spec' as the Blackline but with more colours available.

Emailed Mitchell's today with a general enquiry about a 3 door Citigo and was told Skoda are about to release another special edition Citigo same spec' as the Blackline but with more colours available.

Perhaps the "Sound edition"?

I'm only guessing that the UP!GT (TSI) or whatever the marketing men want to call it on the Citigo hasn't happened as the demand for the 1.0T is meaning the engine factory is at capacity.

No doubt once sales start to slow, it will appear in low numbers, maybe even limited edition.

Like many above we would buy in heart beat as the 1.0 NA is such an enjoyable engine to work on british roads.

Here we go: link

Looks like good news!

It's a start, but we likely still won't see a turbo Citigo for a couple of years given its taken a couple of years to even consider VW to put it on a stand at the GMM

It's a start, but we likely still won't see a turbo Citigo for a couple of years given its taken a couple of years to even consider VW to put it on a stand at the GMM

Watch this space I guess.

I'm sure the Citigo will get the other changes, which all look good, so hopefully the turbo too.

OP Updated again with news from the Skoda UK Facebook page, leckman was correct in there being a new release, all be it not very exciting it seems, I've yet to take a look at it yet in detail

Edit - I've taken a look and, to be frank it's pretty dull :dull: it's something new though I suppose

Edited by Hyphons

Posted on the Facebook SOC, then I pulled the photo's from this site - http://rmcardesign.com/, if this is what the Facelift looks like then that's 10x better than what the "MK2 Citigo" (you know, that hideous looking blue and white thing) looks like

25084314602_2b31b82a3b_o.jpg

24906954300_1323a9a718_o.jpg

Edited by Hyphons