Oh dear, what am I doing!.........

I think ordering a 280 helped a little with the discount TBH, I initially enquired about a 280 L&K and the offers were fractionally better than the CR190. I agree with the thought about buying with cash: Usually the finance packages are where the money is clawed back, and therefore attract better deals.

Saying that, I just remembered the Carwow offers I received were only a few quid difference between the (VWFS) finance deals and the cash purchase. 

'Tis a great time to buy a car right now. So many great deals to be had! 

On Car wow the best offers I got were £4k off with a couple of dealers offering absolutely nothing off!! Even the cheapest superbs on the site where I ordered my car from were around £4k off!

congratulations from the loser :)

i managed only €2k and that were the reason cancel 4x4 to keep price in €40k

and without 4x4 i also lost oportunity to add L&K  just by for simbolic ~€1k,

in our country L&K not posible with 2.0 TSI 220ps

4x4 + ~€4k

4x4;L&K + ~€5k

but waiting time is 3 months :)

On Car wow the best offers I got were £4k off with a couple of dealers offering absolutely nothing off!! Even the cheapest superbs on the site where I ordered my car from were around £4k off!

I think there is an element of luck with Carwow to be honest. Most of the offers were rubbish but a few good offers came through on the South coast where i'm based. 

• Like 1

I think there is an element of luck with Carwow to be honest. Most of the offers were rubbish but a few good offers came through on the South coast where i'm based.

£4,648 off with Carwow and Beadles of Maidenhead

I'm the one who posted about the black 280 demo at Walkers....1st march onwards, it is actually at the back at the moment covered in packing...i had a good look round it as well...beige interior looks amazing what I could see of it with all the platic covers everywhere!

Yup, Wisbech area. Apart from mine, I haven't seen one though apparently Walkers in King's Lynn have a black demonstrator so that might change

I saw a silver Superb hatch on a 65 plate parked outside the Cuckoo in Alwalton last Friday (didn't look closely enough to see what derivative). Wasn't you by any chance was it?

Edited by grebble

After much deliberation, I am going to place my order for the 280 L&K Estate in corrida red with beige trim.....extras being;

Rear view camera

Smart light assist

Gearshift paddles

Ventilated front seatsit wasn

Spare wheel

Backrest release

I have been given a lead time of 16-20 weeks

£8k off the asking price as well.

Busy morning for me tomorrow then! I like the sound of the ventilated seats, whether they are of any use I don't know, but at least I wont be regretting not getting them further down the line!

Another brave man!  (Sorry Nick!)  Corrida Red is a nice colour, but maybe not so desirable to the next owner.

Of course it's,  A. your Choice, & B. you may be intending to keep it for along time.

Then again, I bought a Tango Red V6 Mondy wagon back in '08, & after 6 years it wasn't difficult to sell on, so

maybe I'm just talking rubbish

DC

Another brave man!  (Sorry Nick!)  Corrida Red is a nice colour, but maybe not so desirable to the next owner.

Of course it's,  A. your Choice, & B. you may be intending to keep it for along time.

Then again, I bought a Tango Red V6 Mondy wagon back in '08, & after 6 years it wasn't difficult to sell on, so

maybe I'm just talking rubbish

DC

I buy my cars for ME and to hell with the next owner ten years down the line or whenever, Also, I will never ever get a black, silver or grey car....I have colour vision and intend to make the most of it...likewise diesel, never had one and never will and will NOT be dictated to by manufacturers infatuation with diesel engines.

Sorry if I'm being a bit controversial, but this is my personal opinion. DC (2) 

• Like 1

I buy my cars for ME and to hell with the next owner ten years down the line or whenever, Also, I will never ever get a black, silver or grey car....I have colour vision and intend to make the most of it...likewise diesel, never had one and never will and will NOT be dictated to by manufacturers infatuation with diesel engines.

Sorry if I'm being a bit controversial, but this is my personal opinion. DC (2) 

Agree with most of your thoughts, we don't / want a diseasle, or a manual box, but the Superb colour palette is a bit limited though. 

The Superb is a large car & the business metallics on offer do seem to suit the shape & bulk.

I wouldn't have chosen the silver on my current (2nd-hand) car, but it does suit the shape.

We need to visit a Skoda dealer again before we place an order, maybe we could be brave enough to try Magnetic Brown, with the the beige leather ..........

Watch this space!

On another matter, we now have prices from Carwow, another VAG dealer, & the car broker.

It's broker, Carwow & dealer if we want to pay cash, but broker, dealer & Carwow if we want to do a PCP.

Decision time soon.....

DC 

Agree with most of your thoughts, we don't / want a diseasle, or a manual box, but the Superb colour palette is a bit limited though. 

The Superb is a large car & the business metallics on offer do seem to suit the shape & bulk.

I wouldn't have chosen the silver on my current (2nd-hand) car, but it does suit the shape.

We need to visit a Skoda dealer again before we place an order, maybe we could be brave enough to try Magnetic Brown, with the the beige leather ..........

Watch this space!

On another matter, we now have prices from Carwow, another VAG dealer, & the car broker.

It's broker, Carwow & dealer if we want to pay cash, but broker, dealer & Carwow if we want to do a PCP.

Decision time soon.....

DC 

I totally agree with you regarding available colours for a Superb....best of a bad bunch for me! shame race blue wasn't available.

Didn't you get any joy with new car discount....they came out the same price for cash or tick, and that was only yesterday.

I totally agree with you regarding available colours for a Superb....best of a bad bunch for me! shame race blue wasn't available.

Didn't you get any joy with new car discount....they came out the same price for cash or tick, and that was only yesterday.

I've just lost the reply to your above post, I do love my lap-top..........

Yes, I have competitive quotations from NCD ( the un-named broker in my last post). 

I need them to rerun their PCP calculations assuming 12K miles PA so I can properly 

compare them with Skoda Finance's figures.

Also, Skoda are offering 2.8% compared with NCD's 5.8%, + a £2K deposit contribution as well.

Race Blue, on a big car? 

We had a Race Blue Octy 3 1.6 diesel manual as our rental in Spain last year, & the colour just 

seemed wrong on that car. 

(Our vRS Octy is Race Blue, so we might be biased!)

There is,AFAIK, a "sportier" version of the Superb on sale later this year, maybe that will have some

nicer colours on offer.

Hopefully not the old vRS Yellow though, Ford offered something similar on the Mk1 Mondeo, & 

I remember seeing a bright yellow "S" class, many years ago,

DC

I've just lost the reply to your above post, I do love my lap-top..........

Yes, I have competitive quotations from NCD ( the un-named broker in my last post). 

I need them to rerun their PCP calculations assuming 12K miles PA so I can properly 

compare them with Skoda Finance's figures.

Also, Skoda are offering 2.8% compared with NCD's 5.8%, + a £2K deposit contribution as well.

Race Blue, on a big car? 

We had a Race Blue Octy 3 1.6 diesel manual as our rental in Spain last year, & the colour just 

seemed wrong on that car. 

(Our vRS Octy is Race Blue, so we might be biased!)

There is,AFAIK, a "sportier" version of the Superb on sale later this year, maybe that will have some

nicer colours on offer.

Hopefully not the old vRS Yellow though, Ford offered something similar on the Mk1 Mondeo, & 

I remember seeing a bright yellow "S" class, many years ago,

DC

I have had the same a few times regarding replying on my laptop.....just disappears and I have to write it again!

Sorry, I didn't realise you were going PCP....NCD was ideal for a cash buy.

Yes, I could run with race blue on that size car....must admit my favourite current colour is BMW's estoril blue which I had on my M135i this time last year...very sexy colour!!!

DC (2)

I've posted about this before, I believe that the crap colour choice we get in the UK is because a high percentage of purchases are Company Cars and the leasing companies want "safe" colours that can be sold on easily. Seriously how many shades of grey do we really need?!

The UK gets a wide range of colour choice, 3 Solid Colours, 8 Metallic and 1 Pearl whereas Czech Republic get all of this plus a range of 61 "Special" Colours ( [url=http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/cze/cze/cs-cz/3v3/69116#])

If I'd had the choice I'd have gone for the Tangerine! ;)

Edited by Prykey
  • Like 1

I've posted about this before, I believe that the crap colour choice we get in the UK is because a high percentage of purchases are Company Cars and the leasing companies want "safe" colours that can be sold on easily. Seriously how many shades of grey do we really need?!

The UK gets a wide range of colour choice, 3 Solid Colours, 8 Metallic and 1 Pearl whereas Czech Republic get all of this plus a range of 61 "Special" Colours ( [url=http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/cze/cze/cs-cz/3v3/69116#])

If I'd had the choice I'd have gone for the Tangerine! ;)

Yes, I've seen this before....I like the purple myself!!!

On a separate note,  does anyone know whether the optional spare wheel comes with a jack, wheel brace etc? I assume it does but you never know with the cheapskate manufacturers these days!

Followed that link and as far as I can see the colours are the same as UK apart from laser white and a different named blue? Can't see an option for special colours....

Followed that link and as far as I can see the colours are the same as UK apart from laser white and a different named blue? Can't see an option for special colours....

I got to them by selecting an L&K to configure, try that.

PS Just tried it again and is shows the same options whatever model you select!

Edited by Prykey