Recall on Superb III

Just had notification of a recall on my Superb. The email says: "We have identified that your vehicle requires a free product enhancement to ensure its continued smooth running and reliability"

the DfT recall notice (http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=EF11A240D2638B4D80257F380036D318&freeText=Blank&tx=0.7277338)

says 

SOME ELECTRONIC FUNCTIONS MAY FAIL - WORST CASE ENGINE MAY CUT OUT

Due to an incorrectly locked cable clamp at the fuse box certain functions such as vehicle start, boot lid and dash board warning lights may not operate. It is also possible the engine may cut out.

1759 cars affected in UK

Anyone had it done? With this emissions scandal around I am worried they're sneaking in a software tweak that'll reduce performance and increase consumption.

• Like 1

Just had notification of a recall on my Superb. The email says: "We have identified that your vehicle requires a free product enhancement to ensure its continued smooth running and reliability"

the DfT recall notice (http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=EF11A240D2638B4D80257F380036D318&freeText=Blank&tx=0.7277338)

says 

SOME ELECTRONIC FUNCTIONS MAY FAIL - WORST CASE ENGINE MAY CUT OUT

Due to an incorrectly locked cable clamp at the fuse box certain functions such as vehicle start, boot lid and dash board warning lights may not operate. It is also possible the engine may cut out.

1759 cars affected in UK

Anyone had it done? With this emissions scandal around I am worried they're sneaking in a software tweak that'll reduce performance and increase consumption.

Q? Is this recall for diesel or petrol cars, maybe both?

DC

• Like 1

Yes, that’s already been covered on here – no big deal. But get it done soon because everything shuts down when that connection does fail.

Both petrol and diesel, I think

Ah sorry, I did search back a few pages, but I guess my dealer was late contacting me. Has someone on here experienced that connection failure?

Yes. Like I said, everything shuts down or, to be more precise, nothing actually works but every conceivable fault message flashes up. It eventually ‘sorted itself’, but I don’t know how / why – possibly because I walked away from the car with the key. (This was with a 190 diesel, not the 280 now due for delivery on 1 March).

Edited by eurotraveller

Yeah, mine went in a while back for this check - in and out in less than 15 minutes, no problems found.

Chances are yours will be the same. But definitely get it checked out.

Edited by Juvehero

Thanks for that. Makes me a slightly less worried that they're going fiddle with the electronics at the same time for emissions appeasement (there's a lot of it going on with other manufacturers). 

I guess your diesels felt the same afterwards?

I had my 280's fuse box sorted when it went in for the squeaky sat nav surround to be de squeaked last week,so yes,it must be all of them petrol and diesel.kevin.

You've had a desqueak! What was the dealer solution and did it work? (Mine has the same problem)

Beat me to it – was about to post:

Funnily enough, the 190 I’m temporarily still driving does that – quite annoying. Just haven’t bothered to get them to fix it as it’s going back soon anyway.

Are you sure it is / was the sat nav surround? It sounds a bit lower down to me.

Just had a recall via DVLC for this fuse connector. Phoned to book in at dealer given date four weeks time and told it's non urgent. As this car is going out of country shortly just how critical is it for the recall to be sorted? Is it something that can be visually checked by myself

Hi...

Does anyone know where to look to check this yourself?

My wife has just had problems starting our 150 diesel, wondered if this could be the issue.

Any ideas?

The original DVSA notice has build start and end dates for the affected cars. If you know when your car was physically put together, it will be a good place to start. http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=EF11A240D2638B4D80257F380036D318&freeText=Blank&tx=0.7277338

It might be worth calling your local dealer with your chassis number as they'll know immediately if it's affected. 

I booked mine in for the recall (after receiving a letter) and was told there are two campaigns outstanding. Does anyone know what the other (non fuse box) campaign is? Apparently it will take around an hour.

Emissions?  :D  :peek:  :x

Only kidding....................

• Like 1