Oil Catch Can :: Hoses?

Something to consider as well is what barbed hose connectors to use. Last year when draining my OCC and while tweaking up the hose clips i discovered the nylon one (replaced the original) going into my TIP was cracked and actually snapped in half when removing it.

Luckily I was able to retrieve all the bits, I replaced all my connectors (19mm 'T' + the smaller ones ) with brass fittings.

Just to add, the 19mm  'T'polycarbonate ones were fine, its just the smaller ones made from nylon that couldn't handle the temperature cycling + oily vapour.

NB: The original set-up was fitted in October 2010 !!

Edited by Silver Bullet
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Anyone able to recommend me an OCC to buy? 

Able to get the 19mm Silicone pipes no bother, and the joining pieces, but not sure what can to actually go for. Ideally it will be cheap as I seem to be spending a fortune lately.

Just bought myself a 42 Draft Designs oil catch can and I've been supplied some rubber hoses.

Anyone got any suggestions for better ones and where to get them? (Braided, etc).

42-ccu-0.jpg

Cheers - T B)

And if your in a rush for them ash are just up the road from me and if your going to vag tuner this weekend I could collect them and meet you there

Anyone able to recommend me an OCC to buy? 

Able to get the 19mm Silicone pipes no bother, and the joining pieces, but not sure what can to actually go for. Ideally it will be cheap as I seem to be spending a fortune lately.

You get what you pays, cheap ones don't normally have proper baffles so they don't do much. Michi are the mutts nuts, don't see the point in getting a cheap one

You get what you pays, cheap ones don't normally have proper baffles so they don't do much. Michi are the mutts nuts, don't see the point in getting a cheap one

Yeah seen ones for like £30 and thought it would cause more bother than anything else. Bought one from Awesome GTI for £115 instead. Better not tell the girlfriend though  :sweat:

Yeah seen ones for like £30 and thought it would cause more bother than anything else. Bought one from Awesome GTI for £115 instead. Better not tell the girlfriend though  :sweat:

I like your style, if she asks tell her it's a £30 ebay one.