Air intake options

Miniracer

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been answered before but I can't find what I'm looking for I think .....

My pd100 is running bigger turbo (210 capable) and 150 injectors combined with a front mount intercooler and decat

I've just bought a pd150 air intake pipe the alloy one which fits onto the turbo and goes to the air box (this is a lot bigger than the pd100 plastic pipe) and I'm wandering what options are next for the intake. I've got a k&n panel filter but am not sure whether too get a cone filter combined with a cold air intake or stay with my panel filter and get a pd160 intake or equilivant home made job.

I'm looking for the best gains power wise

Thanks for taking the time to look any opinions are welcome

Jason

You won't get any power gains at all, it's a diesel, not a petrol, all the power is in the fuelling map.

Get rid of that panel and fit a standard paper element or an S2000 paper cone, oiled cotton filters are not good for your MAF or for the turbo.

Have you put the PD130 3" maff airbox and flexipipe?

FurbyPD100 I've got them just haven't fitted yet as I wanted to get all the parts I can

Will this make a difference once fitted?

The pd130 maf sensor is a bigger diameter compared to the pd100 original one

I'm not 100% sure on the specifics but I would think the scaling on the MAF will be different.

Right ok, well I might try it see how the car performs I can always put the original back in

Be interesting to see the results

Edited by Miniracer

Tech1

Recently changed mine from the pd100 maf to the 130 and also spoke to a few people including fabooka and all have said not to worry about changing anything on the map unless your aiming for big power

And to be honest been using the car for a couple of weeks with the 130 maff on only thing that has changed it that it seems to be letting my turbo spool up a little quicker as I'm getting a little more throttle responce when driving, wouldn't say it's got more power just a little more responsive

Edited by furbyPD100