Should I demand new plate? I've waited 24 weeks already

I ordered a leased Superb SE Business estate on 7 September 2015. After much dealer woes the car apparently arrived at the dealership on Tuesday.

I was told I'd have the car by Friday at the latest, but even as of today nothing's been confirmed.

I was only sent paperwork on Monday and on that there is a registration date of 25 February and a 65 registration number.

I would never consider myself the sort of person to be fussed about this sort of thing, but after being d!cked around for 6 months waiting for this car, being drip-fed lies about its progress, being told I will have a new car for all of 4 days is like sand kicked in my face.

I felt like a I got a reasonable deal and halfway through the shambles they knocked £300 off the deposit, but since then it was delayed a further 6 weeks and so they said they'd make another goodwill gesture.

That, it has transpired, is...

...Drumroll please...

A full tank of fuel

Whooop!

Again, it feels almost insulting.

Tell me I'm being a Prima Donna and that this is industry standard customer service.

If it is a Leased car i would be delighted to finally collect the car, 

any Value difference is the Owner of the vehicles and it is them that need bother if it is registered 65 or 16 plate is it not.

If you really want the pleasure you get for about 1 week of having the brand new registration then best go on the war path.

Enjoy the new car, and that new car smell / feeling.

It will be a new car regardless- the only thing that the 16 plate makes a difference to (other than a short showing off period) is potential resale value, but as a lease car that doesn't make a difference to you I guess.

Tbh I'd ask them to throw in their 3 year servicing deal for free :-)

Thanks guys. I've paid for maintenance and servicing as part of the lease cost.

I think I'm going to let this one go and just suck it up.

It's ironic - my main concern is the ****-taking in the office. I made the mistake of telling people I'd ordered a new car, and when I said it was a Skoda the usual ****taking began. I didn't mind, because I was confident that the car would speak for itself. Now, though, everyone's asking about it and full of pity at the woeful customer service. I was happier with the ****taking!

Skoda appear to have made massive steps in terms of car production, and (in this case) undone all their hard work with abysmal customer service.

I did read somewhere on the forum that a selling dealer only has a week or two from receiving the vehicle to getting it registered but I have to agree with you, it is not acceptable. The problem is that the dealer is at the mercy of the Skoda factory and may not get the fullest picture from them regarding lead times etc.

If its any consolation, the Superb is a fantastic car and still a rare sight on UK roads in it's S3 guise. Bit of an exclusive club at the moment! Enjoy. :clap:

Bit of an exclusive club at the moment! Enjoy. :clap:

I'm not sure if the SIII will be exclusive for long as its going to be a big fleet seller however I think you will certainly be in the exclusive club with your L&K in that fabulous Rosso :)

• Like 1

I ordered my SE Business in early November and I was told it could be ready for delivery last week but as it's so close I asked if it could be held back until a new plate in March. They agreed but I had a nagging doubt it would turn up first week in March with a 65 plate.

As it is I've just had an e-mail today with documentation and what do you know it has a 16 plate. So it's been ok for me but I know how you feel. Yes I know if it's a lease it makes diddly squat but it's just nice to have that new 16 plate, especially when you are so close.

So they are not all bad, just bad luck in your case and you should push for more.