Castle Combe Action Day 2nd April Convoy?

meb90

Hi guys!

Just putting up a feeler thread to see if anyone is interested in a convoy to the Spring Action Day at Castle Combe on the 2nd April?

I'm attending to the Briskoda Clubstand, thread here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/384368-clubstand-spring-action-day-castle-combe-2015-02-april-2016/

I am coming from Whitchurch, North Shropshire so my route looks like it'll down to Telford, along the M54 to the M6, then down the M5.

Timings to be worked out!

So, any of you lovely people going and want to meet up along the way?

Matt

Edited by meb90

Right then.

Have unashamedly stolen the timings from Copey's thread about the Castle Combe meet last year. So here goes.

I intend to leave my house in Whitchurch, Shrops at about 5:45-6:00am. I'll aim to be at the Hopwood Park services on the M42 at 7:15am.

Meanwhile anyone in the Coventry area can meet at the Corley services on the M6 as was done last time, leaving there at 6:50am to arrive at Hopwood Park at 7:20am.

From there we can all go together, and head towards Strencham Services on the M5. Leaving there about 7:50am to arrive at Castle Combe about 09:00am.

I hope this makes sense and if you want to join then go for it. If not I'll go straight to Combe myself!! :D

Edited by meb90

• 2 weeks later...

There is quite a possibility I'll be travelling down exactly same place/time but dependent on who/what I'm travelling down with may dictate my progress-upwards or downwards if you know what i mean! I'll keep n eye on thread n chuck in if all is good!

What's happening:

Other than what has been posted - not much! Haha

Copey, where/when were you thinking of joining?

If Toxic is joining at Strencham Services at about 7:45am that's cool by me

I'll join this can you still get in the back of Corley services? Saw a sign there the other day about barrier being closed for access but can't remember what the date on it was

I'll join this can you still get in the back of Corley services? Saw a sign there the other day about barrier being closed for access but can't remember what the date on it was

Im unsure ill be getting on m6 from j3

Off smorrall lane you can get in that way but their putting a barrier saves going up motorway to get there ill be leaving from hartshill

You will be passing me then haha im whittleford

ame="R1CH360" post="4576317" timestamp="1459340044"]

Im not far from the co-op on sherbourne estate lol

Really is a small world you'll be telling me you live next door to me next lol