It took them six months but...

Well ive had the car for six months now and the dealer has finally found a new colombus unit and installed it. Unlike the original I have both micro sd and usb inputs and the latest software so im well happy.All I need now is about six months to learn how to use all of the features!! :sun:

if you have micro sd and USB inputs then the unit is not a columbus, but a cheap Chinese clone. No model of columbus in the Suberb MK2 has either of those inputs on the unit.

• Like 1

Well ive had the car for six months now and the dealer has finally found a new colombus unit and installed it. Unlike the original I have both micro sd and usb inputs and the latest software so im well happy.All I need now is about six months to learn how to use all of the features!! :sun:

I'm afraid they haven't fitted you a Columbus if it has micro SD and USB ports on it........

You are right its a chinese copy but on a five year old car im not too bothered at the moment,it seems to have all the features of a columbus,watch this space for updates on reliability etc so far im happy with the unit,the sound is very good via the micro sd.I will keep you informed cos if its any good it might be a good replacement for others with columbus problems out of warranty.

• Like 1

You are right its a chinese copy but on a five year old car im not too bothered at the moment,it seems to have all the features of a columbus,watch this space for updates on reliability etc so far im happy with the unit,the sound is very good via the micro sd.I will keep you informed cos if its any good it might be a good replacement for others with columbus problems out of warranty.

Does it work with the MFD, i.e. are Sat Nav instructions and Music Details displayed on the MFD? I had a look at one of those Units and was told that it supported all the other features, but not the display of Information on the MFD.

Does it work with the MFD, i.e. are Sat Nav instructions and Music Details displayed on the MFD? I had a look at one of those Units and was told that it supported all the other features, but not the display of Information on the MFD.

dsab look at this post about his android unit 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/376886-frifalls-2012-superb-combi-170-tdi/

seems quite pleased with it  :clap:

Edited by DEL80Y