Re-calibrating radar cruise (after bumper removal)

As the title says! Bought a Superskoda grille and will be fitting it to my vRS when it arrives. Looked in the tech section regarding the bumper removal which looks straight forward enough but then read that the acc/front assist will need recalibrating. Anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks in advance.

You will need to have the calibration carried out by a Skoda workshop. The wheel alignment will need to be checked before the calibration is carried out. The calibration is carried out using a diagnostic computer and a special calibration board.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

This is what I've bought......attachicon.gifOcty grill.jpg

Ah ok, the whole grille.

As pipsyreturns says, the sensor is mounted to the car, the bumper is cut around it, so taking the bumper off wont disturb the sensor if you're careful.

Ah ok, the whole grille.

As pipsyreturns says, the sensor is mounted to the car, the bumper is cut around it, so taking the bumper off wont disturb the sensor if you're careful.

Oh, I'll be careful all right! Removing parts from a 16 plate car, I'll be very careful, lol.

Cheers for the help guys. :happy:  :thumbup: 

I've just done it and my car has ACC and front assist, the radar isn't attached to the bumper.

You can remove the bumper no problems without even touching the radar.

This was to replace the grille surround

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Hi all - be aware as I am just discovering!!!  On Saturday a fat pidgeon lodged itself at 60mph square in the centre of my front grille on my 2020 Skoda Octavia, breaking the grille and misaligning the radar sensor.  Outcome - grill needs replacement and hopefully just the radar sensor re-calibrating as on the newer models the sensor is mounted on the back of the grill and not the chassis - so grille change = re-calibration! Can't be avoided as front sensor now showing as 'inactive' with warning light on drivers panel which would be a MOT failure.  Apparently the fault can't be cleared without all the re-claibration done.  Cost - a mere £800 pounds - ouch for the grill  replacement and re-cal.  If anyone knows of someone more sensibly priced than a main dealer (they are stating it takes 4hrs to re-cal) or knows how long this process actually takes please let me know.  I reckon it should be the cost of the grille (price can't be that much and does the bumper need to come off?) plus re-cal (say an hour) so £800 seems really steep! 

Many Thanks