LED Indicator bulbs?

Received these yesterday http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-Amber-Yellow-Error-Free-BAU15S-7507-PY21W-1156PY-LED-Bulbs-w-Reflector-Mirror-Design-For/32317028495.html

As recommended by aki78  :thumbup: I just fitted them about an hour ago & they work a treat  B) so much more brighter & they actually flash better, Thanks aki78 for your recommendation on the bulbs & to everyone else that also showed their indicator bulbs ;)

Edited by BATVANVRS

• 2 weeks later...

Received these yesterday http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-Amber-Yellow-Error-Free-BAU15S-7507-PY21W-1156PY-LED-Bulbs-w-Reflector-Mirror-Design-For/32317028495.html

As recommended by aki78 :thumbup: I just fitted them about an hour ago & they work a treat B) so much more brighter & they actually flash better, Thanks aki78 for your recommendation on the bulbs & to everyone else that also showed their indicator bulbs ;)

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive and I ordered them before you! Lol

• 3 weeks later...

BATVANVRS,

Have you checked your order on a tracking site? I am using trackitonline.ru

I ordered a second set on 15th of March and received it quite fast in 2 weeks (normal shipping time is 3 weeks to my country).

aki78 I have my bulbs from Aliexpress  :thumbup: received them like a month ago  :D but thought to check if Pigglesberg received his bulbs, as I know he was having some trouble as regards receiving them :(

I thought to access the front indicator bulbs you needed to smash open an access panel as the headlights are sealed.

To cover the hole you have to buy a repair kit from Skoda! Bonkers.

Seriously!! And I though changing the fog lights is bad enough.............*rolls eyes*

• Like 2

Isn't is (just!) a bumper off job?

lucky you "can" do it from access underneath by taking the engine pan cover off. But still not exactly an easy job.

Like the rear lights have to come off to fit the bulbs.....making a 5 min job, take a lot longer.

• 2 months later...

lucky you "can" do it from access underneath by taking the engine pan cover off. But still not exactly an easy job.

Like the rear lights have to come off to fit the bulbs.....making a 5 min job, take a lot longer.

How are the rear lights removed - a couple of bolts I assume?

Access panel which you remove with the little hook type tool that comes with the car. The two bolts either side, then you wiggle it out of the holders.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Replaced front indicators with new led bulbs today. I found that by going in though the inner wheel arches was the best way. Remove your wheel then all torx screws internally and below front bumper then manipulate inner wheel arch to gain access to headlight unit. I had already purchased 2 X indicator repair kits so was ready to go. Once you've located the rear of where the indicator unit is just use a screwdriver with a bit of force and push on the entire circle of plastic, it will break off - no need to open it like a tin opener. If you've large hands like me removing the bulb holder is tricky but not impossible. Bulbs replaced, repair kit components screwed on and inner wheel arch put back together.....make sure you dont have any spare screws left ! The inner wheel arch requires some fiddling around with and there is one part on either side you need to 'slip' off but if you have a look at it as you go and visualise what you are doing it should be fine. So much easier once you worked out one side. When I had my wheels off I cleaned and painted wheel hub with silver smooth hammerite paint.

All in all it took me a good 2 hours for bulb replacement and painting - result.

Bit of a pain just to replace bulbs but it's done now so I'm happy I tackled it.

Edited by wsmdesign
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Aki78 you never fail to amaze me with your lighting knowledge ;) them new bulbs ain't that much more in terms of price compared to the previous upgraded rear indicator bulbs from AliExpress but as much as I like the new bulbs I think maybe there just too bright.

But Iam in two minds if to buy them or not :) :thumbup:

I think they are just as bright as on some new Audis... ;)

And the color temperature is the same...a very vivid/rich amber-yellow color. Love them new bulbs. :rofl:

• Like 1

Aki78 will these bulbs fit the front indicator lenses without any mods, are they plug n play, I noticed in this thread you did a mod for the front indicator bulbs but I presume that was because of a different base fitment? It says in the product details at the bottom of the page it will fit the skoda octavia mk3 2013 onwards,also I take it you wont need the plastic covers from skoda? or VCDS. Thanks in advanced  ;)  

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-Amber-Error-Free-PWY24W-PW24W-LED-Bulbs-For-Audi-A3-A4-A5-Q3-VW-MK7/32283382942.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.9.AJu5SV&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_10065_10068_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10060_10061_10062_10056_10055_10054_10059_10099_10078_10079_426_10073_10103_10102_10096_10052_10050_10051-10102,searchweb201603_8&btsid=3d67c89b-efe2-4f75-b1f2-922fdf503bef

Edited by BATVANVRS

Aki78 will these bulbs fit the front indicator lenses without any mods, are they plug n play, I noticed in this thread you did a mod for the front indicator bulbs but I presume that was because of a different base fitment? It says in the product details at the bottom of the page it will fit the skoda octavia mk3 2013 onwards,also I take it you wont need the plastic covers from skoda? or VCDS. Thanks in advanced  ;)  

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-Amber-Error-Free-PWY24W-PW24W-LED-Bulbs-For-Audi-A3-A4-A5-Q3-VW-MK7/32283382942.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.9.AJu5SV&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_10065_10068_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10060_10061_10062_10056_10055_10054_10059_10099_10078_10079_426_10073_10103_10102_10096_10052_10050_10051-10102,searchweb201603_8&btsid=3d67c89b-efe2-4f75-b1f2-922fdf503bef

You can fit those LED bulbs as front indicator and they are not bad. :)

The LED chips are in more advanced position than the original filament so the light won't fill perfectly the reflector housing but they are still good.

You still need the repair covers from Skoda.

Fitting is possible from the engine bay if you have patience and patience, 3 hands (just joking), a torch and a small mirror.

(VCDS) coding is not neccessary and you won't have bulb-out errors with those bulbs.

I used this homemade tool to cut the covers.

• Like 1

You can try these bulbs, they are similar to my new indicators.

Just don't forget to share your experiences. ;)

I've just received them both today, these (reverse) and these (indicators). They are both AMAZING! I reckon the indicators are 3x as bright as the old bulbs I had (in the first post here) and the reverse lights are 2x as bright. The indicators are almost a bit too bright, and the reverse lights are now almost where I want them to be :)

Definitely recommend! Quick delivery too - 6 days.

aki78: Have you found replacement H21W for rear fog lights?

Edited by mabnz
  • Like 1

I've just received them both today, these (reverse) and these (indicators). They are both AMAZING! I reckon the indicators are 3x as bright as the old bulbs I had (in the first post here) and the reverse lights are 2x as bright. The indicators are almost a bit too bright, and the reverse lights are now almost where I want them to be :)

Definitely recommend! Quick delivery too - 6 days.

aki78: Have you found replacement H21W for rear fog lights?

Good news. :)

What about the color temperature of the new reverse LEDs? Are they more blueish compared to the 'old' ones?

H21W is not easy as it is a tiny but powerful bulb. LED replacements can't be bright enough as the cooling surface is simply too small for hundreds of lumens. :(

Edited by aki78
  • Like 1

Good news. :)

What about the color temperature of the new reverse LEDs? Are they more blueish compared to the 'old' ones?

H21W is not easy as it is a tiny but powerful bulb. LED replacements can't be bright enough as the cooling surface is simply too small for hundreds of lumens. :(

I reckon colour temp is the same as the last ones which is either 5000 or 6000 - probably 6000k.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...