Dashboard lights

I have a 2010 3.6 superb. I went for a 200 mile drive yesterday and all was well. Parked up for a couple of hours and when I returned and started it, the abs,esp, tyre inflation warnings and also the parking sensors where all faulty....no damage to car, parking sensors all clean and okay and tyre pressures were all good. What happened an how can I fix it......I need to drive about 400 miles in a few days time and want to know if it is safe to use? Thanks

Sounds like it needs the codes read to establish what the problem is, anything else would be guessing.

When the battery is low the cars electronics throw all sorts of random faults. If they've all disappeared the next time you start the car this is the most likely explanation. Sometimes you get this for no obvious reason at all - I lost the indicators, adaptive headlights and cruise control a few weeks ago on starting the car. Problems all disappeared and have not returned since after I restarted the car.

Our battery has just failed on our 2.0. When I tried to start it this morning, the engine just about turned over and all the warning lights on the dash went haywire, and the relays under the dash were clicking away like mad.

It can't all have gone wrong at the same time. The common factor is the ancient battery. £ 60 will prove it one way or another

Edited by peterposh

Hi There.

Something similar (or not) happened to me couple weeks ago.

When I was starting up the car early in the morning, it was not a smooth start up and the dashboard flickered.

When I was trying to start up later that day, Maxidot was telling me to set the Transmission to P position (even thou it was there) ...
Then all kinds of faults started to jump out. Cornering lights, TMPS, ABS etc ... But columbus was working all right

Changing the battery solved everything (Called skoda assistance, they jumpstarted my car and It was okay for the next day, however I have changed the bat for better feeling). After the change I could notice a LOT better starts.

If you connect a healthy battery to the car, it should help you diagnose if it is really because of battery. 

If you decide to change battery, the steering assistant and also TMPS will stay on the dashboard ... you have to drive aprox 100m to make them go away.

Also do not forget about folded rear mirrors. I have noticed they stay folded and reset on second Engine startup.