WHERE DO PEOPLE BUY THEIR TURBO UPGRADES FROM?

I got mine from turbo dynamics. really happy with it and my mapper commented on how well it mapped compared to some cheaper hybrids he's seen

If you're looking for OEM turbos then eurocarparts and TPS will also have them

• Like 1

I got mine from turbo dynamics. really happy with it and my mapper commented on how well it mapped compared to some cheaper hybrids he's seen

If you're looking for OEM turbos then eurocarparts and TPS will also have them

Same here with my AET turbo. Previous owner got it but unit 18 said it looked like a very good spec and well made. Again compared to cheaper hybrids.

This is chaep for a standrd pd150, It's remanufactured but will be as good as new and 2 year warranty. After vat it's £400

http://www.aet-turbos.co.uk/shop/shop/vw-golf-1-9-d-150hp-arl-engine-garrett-gt149v-721021-replacement-turbo/

Same here with my AET turbo. Previous owner got it but unit 18 said it looked like a very good spec and well made. Again compared to cheaper hybrids.

This is chaep for a standrd pd150, It's remanufactured but will be as good as new and 2 year warranty. After vat it's £400

http://www.aet-turbos.co.uk/shop/shop/vw-golf-1-9-d-150hp-arl-engine-garrett-gt149v-721021-replacement-turbo/

Im very happy you said that about your turbo stevobeavo.

I got mine from turbo dynamics. really happy with it and my mapper commented on how well it mapped compared to some cheaper hybrids he's seen

If you're looking for OEM turbos then eurocarparts and TPS will also have them

Turbo dynamics, AET, unit 18 can get turbos too.

Ye exactly them places would be best to get turbo from IMO . Just a Bit more dearer than xman ones .

Guest DobriKnotzGutenMorgan

TPS for my current new Garret @£655 after surcharge return of old one. Garage Trade may get it cheaper.

You're better off doing a search on the forums as this has/is/will be discussed for quite some time. Long story short GTB is very good compared to a hybrid PD150 however recently their has been talk of issues with pushing to far on the standard injectors and having engine problems. Your better off finding a decent mapper who will take this into consideration if you go the 1756 route.

• Like 2

Looking for 1756.... benefits of gtb over normal hybrid?

Gtb is great but make sure you research thouroughly, as all the little extra bits you need cost £££- xman can supply a full kit with all the bits needed, my dealing with him was excellent and always replies to messages very quickly.

• Like 2

Gtb is great but make sure you research thouroughly, as all the little extra bits you need cost £££- xman can supply a full kit with all the bits needed, my dealing with him was excellent and always replies to messages very quickly.

i want to shoot for around 250, realistically could a gt1756 reach that? i think im gunna rule the gtb option out too much ££££ lol

You're better off doing a search on the forums as this has/is/will be discussed for quite some time. Long story short GTB is very good compared to a hybrid PD150 however recently their has been talk of issues with pushing to far on the standard injectors and having engine problems. Your better off finding a decent mapper who will take this into consideration if you go the 1756 route.

thanks man!

There are some pd150 hybrids out there running 250 bhp but you will be needing larger injectors to reach this and they don't come cheap.

It takes an awful lot of air to generate the required amount of boost pressure to achieve 250bhp and tbh the 150 Hybrid although they are very good, they generally cant flow that amount of air in and out to make that boost.

My Turbo Dynamics MDX hybrid was mapped by Faboka at 2.1 bar of boost, 2.3 bar of boost was causing the turbo effectively choke on its own air and it caused performance loss, not gain.

The main benefit of the 150 Hybrid is it's simplicity to fit, and the fact that it's size means it retains a lot of the low down punch of the original 130 turbo, but allows more headroom for greater power higher up in the rev range where the 130 runs out of puff.

• Like 1

As said - have a search as this has been covered time and time again.

I'm currently in the process of upgrading to a GTB1756, it isn't cheap when you bear in mind the other things that need altering (downpipe, oil feed, oil return, EGR delete, then the hassle of a bracket!!) compared to a straight bolt on Hybrid. I'm not sure what the max output of the 1756 is, but as said above, you'll be wanting bigger injectors to reach 250 on any turbo. Have a read of the thread "WARNING TO GTB OWNERS" or something along those lines. That'll give you an idea of what could happen if you try and push to the 250 region.

I would rather have a turbo that is working at 80-90% of it's maximum, hopefully increasing it's reliability/life expectancy, than ringing a turbo's neck and hoping for the best.

Speak to Xman as he is an encyclopaedia of knowledge regarding turbo's and very helpful indeed.

JRJG

• Like 1

As said - have a search as this has been covered time and time again.

I'm currently in the process of upgrading to a GTB1756, it isn't cheap when you bear in mind the other things that need altering (downpipe, oil feed, oil return, EGR delete, then the hassle of a bracket!!) compared to a straight bolt on Hybrid. I'm not sure what the max output of the 1756 is, but as said above, you'll be wanting bigger injectors to reach 250 on any turbo. Have a read of the thread "WARNING TO GTB OWNERS" or something along those lines. That'll give you an idea of what could happen if you try and push to the 250 region.

I would rather have a turbo that is working at 80-90% of it's maximum, hopefully increasing it's reliability/life expectancy, than ringing a turbo's neck and hoping for the best.

Speak to Xman as he is an encyclopaedia of knowledge regarding turbo's and very helpful indeed.

JRJG

cheers mate!