disco potato on a pd130?

Hi all

so ive got a garrett gt28rs lying around from a foolish endeavour regarding a fiat coupe. I was just wondering (provided i fabricate a manifold) what sort of result i would get mating it up to a pd130. Has anybody had any experience with this sort of conversion? The only reason i am reluctant to sell that chsrger in place of a more suitable one is because i spent a great deal of time and money (and swearing) rebuilding it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

chris.

It's entirely the wrong type of turbo for a diesel, FGT instead of VNT, it's also far too big, I'd be surprised if you could rev the PD hard enough to get it to even spool properly.

You're more of a driver than a mechanic I suspect  :angel:

Edit: Sell it and buy the correct turbo for the application.

Edited by sepulchrave
  • Like 1

It's entirely the wrong type of turbo for a diesel, FGT instead of VNT, it's also far too big, I'd be surprised if you could rev the PD hard enough to get it to even spool properly.

You're more of a driver than a mechanic I suspect  :angel:

Edit: Sell it and buy the correct turbo for the application.

Thanks lads. Just the sort of advice i was looking for. I knew it was a bit ambitious just didnt want to part with something that awesome. Im more of a driveway mechanic following google how to's and the like :) probablyy why the fiat blew up come to think of it

• Like 1

[quote name="devonutopia" post="4566263" timestamp="1458432944for the blower off a large VNT powered vehicle.  I think some of the high end Merc Sprinter vans use a massive VNT blower. :)

that might be worth a look. Will probably look into a hybrid. I think it would ruin the drive if i ran a massive charger