Maybe I won't miss my Subaru

ror9696

Hello,

I'm new to Skodas having run a Subaru Forrester for some years. As a Landscape photographer the 4 wheel drive was very handy, but the fuel consumption down in the low 20's was becoming a pain.

It was on a return trip from Lancashire to London with a client in his diesel Audi that I relalised the advantages of the modern diesel engines. I was gagging for a cigarette, convinced he would stop for fuel soon.........Oh dear No.

Having studied motor engineering in the 1960's, worked in garages and been a formula 3 mechanic for some years in the 70's I am staggered by the advances in engines. You now can have speed AND economy.

I will miss my Scubby but now look forward to the arrival next week of my new/second-hand/pre-regestered Octavia Elegance 2.0 tdi DSG. from Simpson's of Colne who seem as good as Woodheads of Blackpool were appauling.

Hello' date='

I'm new to Skodas having run a Subaru Forrester for some years. As a Landscape photographer the 4 wheel drive was very handy, but the fuel consumption down in the low 20's was becoming a pain.

It was on a return trip from Lancashire to London with a client in his diesel Audi that I relalised the advantages of the modern diesel engines. I was gagging for a cigarette, convinced he would stop for fuel soon.........Oh dear No.

Having studied motor engineering in the 1960's, worked in garages and been a formula 3 mechanic for some years in the 70's I am staggered by the advances in engines. You now can have speed AND economy.

I will miss my Scubby but now look forward to the arrival next week of my new/second-hand/pre-regestered Octavia Elegance 2.0 tdi DSG. from Simpson's of Colne who seem as good as Woodheads of Blackpool were appauling.[/quote']

I have driven one and you will not regret it for a second...nice motor