I've never used them, but I can tell from the phone number quoted that their office is UK (+44) London (020), and note that they're a dismantler so I don't know that I'd want to pay trans-Atlantic shipping on used parts.

Anyways, Where can I found a Felicia 1.3 Carburettor?

It is possible to put an Pierburg 2E3, From golf MK2,  in  an Skoda Felicia?

Edited by cesarbogota

OK. I like you don't give up. Awaiting photos.

PS.

The first link show a Pierburg 2E2, not 2E3.

Edited by RicardoM

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ricardo, All,

I just received today the 2e2, I have to say seems very complicated this carburetor.

It has a 3pin connector. So my question is to where connect this cables?

Some one have a manual?

Strange looking 2e2. Configured for manual (cable) choke. Can you post a photo of the 3-pin connector? Presumably on the solenoid valve which has a red-ringed vacuum hose attached to it?

Strange looking 2e2. Configured for manual (cable) choke.

2E2 has a fully automatic choke. This document describes how it works and how to connect it.

http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/NiyWPuRc/file.html

Cesar might have a hard time adapting it to Felicia.

A 'real' 2e2 does, yes, but that one in the ebay ad doesn't look like any I've ever seen. The mechanism on the side where there would normally be a coolant housing, and an electric heating element both acting on a bi-metallic coil spring connected to the choke flap has been replaced by something quite different, which at first glance appeared to be a manual choke mechanism. A normal 2e2 also has a waxstat, which this one doesn't. No TTV on this one either.

Edited by Wino

A 'real' 2e2 does, yes, but that one in the ebay ad doesn't look like any I've ever seen.

On closer inspection you're right  :thumbup:  The photos don't show a Pierburg 2E2 carburetor but rather a crazy Chinese version of a hybrid Pierburg 2E2-2E3 with manual choke. An oddity indeed.

Hi, thanks for your help, It just arrives in a box without addresser.!!!  I will took some pictures and post it.

Brand-new-OEM-Carburettor-VW-Golf-mk2-Pi

Brand-new-OEM-Carburettor-VW-Golf-mk2-PiBrand-new-OEM-Carburettor-VW-Golf-mk2-PiBrand-new-OEM-Carburettor-VW-Golf-mk2-Pi

http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/replacement-Pierburg-2E-carb-carburetor-VOLKSWAGEN-VW-golf-JETTA/1072137136.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.1.lmMv6X

Edited by cesarbogota

Interesting pictures! It doesn't look very much like the one in the ebay listing, but I think it may be better. Now you do have a coolant (and electric)-warmed autochoke housing.

What looks like a TTV (with brown and blue wires) has one air port blanked and I can't see where the other one is connected, or if there even is another?

Where does the top vac hose from the pulldown unit go, is that blanked?

I suppose the device with the brown and green wires is an idle mixture cut-off solenoid (like a 2e3 usually has, but 2e2 doesn't). There doesn't seem to be a heater below that point like there usually is on 2e2, not sure on 2e3. I guess the solenoid will put some heat into the area when energised, which will be all the time ignition is on.

Wiring should be easy enough to figure out, I think.

Edited by Wino

Did the carb arrive with any installation instructions, Cesar?

You're funny :) Straight from Hong Kong with love :)

The carburetor has parts from Pierburg 2E2 and 2E3. Typical for Chinese. They copy from left and right and they make a mix to please every customer. I will call this carburetor AliBaba2E23.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Brand-new-OEM-Carburettor-VW-Golf-mk2-Pierburg-2E2-Carb-VOLKSWAGEN-AUDI/32588717537.html#

• Like 1

I believe the 2e3 is inherently more reliable, due to slightly simpler arrangement of bolt-ons, so it isn't necessarily a bad thing to borrow some items from there to make a cheaper 2e2-compatible 'thing'.

I see (now) that the photos in Cesar's post are not Cesar's actual carb, but from that aliexpress page you linked, hopefully it looks the same as those photos. His link shows slightly different photos again?!

Edited by Wino

That is exactly why I posted the link. We still don't know how the carburetor he got looks like. Cesar gave us 2 links (3 if we count the one from a month ago) and they show 3 carb variations. Better wait and see if Cesar needs further help. I will let him study more the description for the original Pierburg 2E2 I've posted. There are plenty of clues in there.

Hi. Sorry for the photos. I have the carburetor at the garage (my second job). I sell ATM (my first job). But for me is the same carburetor. I asked to my associate and he told me (about the connector) one to positive, the other to negative.

A friend recorded a video with the carburetor:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1650318191858073?view=permalink&id=1798732750349949

I will be took photos on saturday.

Thanks.

So the 3-pin connector is using 2 connections?

By the way, the link is not working. I get

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Edited by RicardoM