Columbus sat nav

Good eveing skoda world. I'm hoping one of you can help. I installed firmware 5238 on my vrs with v12 maps no issues. I used the same discs on my pals car same head unit in a superb. The firmware installed no issues gives setup menu,radio text etc. The same maps disc however won't work. I've been sent two disc neither working. The status bar gets to yhe far side of the back button and the starts again. No idea why can anybody help?

Edited by iandg7

I though that V13 was 8348?

I have commented about this on many forums and nobody has yet provided firm proof of 8348 on an official DVD.

There appears to be many unofficial downloads which are being exploited on auction sites and sold as V13. One member here offered me a ripped copy which infringes copyright. I will no doubt get another PM for this so to him please do not as I do not read them.

My OEM VW V13 DVD is 8316. 

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Navigation_System_Maps

Please also note I informed RT of the error on their site which encouraged them to change the last 5 CY boxes.

Edited by DonjSZ5

You don't read any PMs it seems not just from one other member.

An official VW disc but from an unofficial source and possibly stolen therefore also copyright infringed. ;)

To the original poster..... The Columbus units are notoriously picky when it comes to which discs they read and which they won't. The best discs seem to be Verbatim DVD+R dual layer discs or Verbatim CD-R discs and should be burnt at the slowest possible speed.

My own unit wouldn't update the firmware with some other discs I had but reads the Verbatim DVDs and CDs fine.

To the OP, you've also posted in http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/384160-columbus-navigation-update-issue/ which has most the common solutions to unsuccessful map updates.

I've also responded to your post DonjSZ5 but in your own thread rather than letting your map version issues spread into another thread.

You don't read any PMs it seems not just from one other member.

An official VW disc but from an unofficial source and possibly stolen therefore also copyright infringed. ;)

From a copyright infringer

and as stated to tother guy, show us yours, I've showed you and all mine.

But you cannot because it's ripped off.

Edited by DonjSZ5

Though they might look the same they may not be identical.

http://www.my-gti.com/3983/volkswagen-rns-510-hardware-and-software-firmware-versions

I am running 5238 with official V13, 8316, maps.

I have commented about this on many forums and nobody has yet provided firm proof of 8348 on an official DVD.

There appears to be many unofficial downloads which are being exploited on auction sites and sold as V13. One member here offered me a ripped copy which infringes copyright. I will no doubt get another PM for this so to him please do not as I do not read them.

My OEM VW V13 DVD is 8316.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Navigation_System_Maps

Please also note I informed RT of the error on their site which encouraged them to change the last 5 CY boxes.

From a copyright infringer

Here we go again guys. Popcorn at the ready!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by J306TD
  • Like 2