and no boost at all

tries it this morning

no boost but revs gone back to normal

also seems bit lumby

any ideas please

thanks

Edited by lee1972

Yes:-

1. Get the fault codes read; they're only golden, not crystal.
  2. Write in English. For example, I've never heard of "searching revs" in a car engine before, and the closest thing I have heard of to it is not compatible with a loss of turbo boost.

Revs climbing up and down sounds airflow related to me. For example mine did it when a hose popped off my sai. But as Ken says that doesn't necessarily tie in with loss of boost. Definitely need a scan, some codes may not throw the EML on.

Edited by YellowCar

These engines are prone to having air leaks which can cause the revs to hunt at idle but probably not that much. As mentioned above i would check to see if there are any misfire codes logged.

Have a butchers around all the pipework anyway, an air leak could explain a lack of boost aswell

Edited by SuperbTWM

hi

thanks guys

the boost started working again last night all off a sudden why driving

but was still ticking over between 2000 and 25000 revs on tick over

there are no warning lights on

my friend is bringing the machine back from work tonight so will see what that says

thank you

Ok, that sound a bit like "hunting", which would mean over-fuelling on low (off-boost) throttle settings, so you see why I don't think that's compatible with a boost leak.

Or an issue with the idle stabilisation control, or the throttle position sensor, or even the engine temperature sensor...

I had a similar problem with mine a while back.

It could be worth just listening for an air leak. I wish I had started with that instead if the air filter/spark plugs/rocker cover gasket  :D

my leak was around the suction jet pump. My understanding (NOT A MECHANIC) was that it was involved with the Vacuum from the turbo?

Anyway theory right or not it worked for me. Good Luck.