Boot sill protector

Just had my bumper repaired after a tip and got the gouge I made by accident in the boot sill sorted out too.

I was thinking about getting a protector but can't find one that I think looks decent. Anyone got one of these on the hatch with a decent picture or opinion?

Car is topaz brown, so black, brown or silver protectors all sound like poor options. My current top choice is a piano black but I'm still not sold on it.

I don't think theres much more out there colour wise than you've found - RGM/rearguards seem to be rated but they only do the brushed alloy, carbon, black or silver by the look of it.

http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=RBP603&sid=sep3377uigb49f8996q22z9m87nfdnpn

The only other thoughts i could suggest is to get a clear heavy duty vinyl (3M type and cut this to fit the top sill) or buy a black one and get it painted to match the car but IMO i think either of these could look a bit 'diy'.

• Like 1

Thanks. That rear guard one looks a bit smarter than the Skoda or Miltek ones I was looking at. Had completely forgotten about them!

I am considering getting one like that, with a smooth finish that doesn't have ugly ridges in it (like the Skoda ones) and getting it sprayed to match. The place I got the bumper done seem to have done an excellent job with the paint

I don't think theres much more out there colour wise than you've found - RGM/rearguards seem to be rated but they only do the brushed alloy, carbon, black or silver by the look of it.

http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=RBP603&sid=sep3377uigb49f8996q22z9m87nfdnpn

The only other thoughts i could suggest is to get a clear heavy duty vinyl (3M type and cut this to fit the top sill) or buy a black one and get it painted to match the car but IMO i think either of these could look a bit 'diy'.

I was just thinking I need one of these as somebody marked mine on holiday last week getting somthing out the boot. These look really good and not a bad price either.