Fabia vrs upgraded front lower arm bushes

I would like to know what is best to replace my worn and old bushes with. Standard, cupra or powerflex?

I need help and suggestions and also where to get them from as i can tell they need changing now and woukd like yor help guys. Thanks katie :)

Standard - I wouldn't bother unless price is a big factor.

Cupra - best all round, still cheap enough, solid so don't wear near as fast, but difficult to fit without tools, even then, others just push in place.

Power flex (PSB for me) - easiest to fit, last ages, cost around £25

Wow just seen its pos to get power flex bushes for £25?? Where can I get these for that price? Cheapest I have found is £67 from Amazon.

Could you point me in the right direction?

Wow just seen its pos to get power flex bushes for £25?? Where can I get these for that price? Cheapest I have found is £67 from Amazon.

Could you point me in the right direction?

Heres the full kit for around £45 for all the wishbone bushes, they usually sell just the main ones for about £25.

Hutchy, you got a link for them??

Duh! that would be helpful wouldnt it :D im still at work thats all, didnt notice!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Polo-MK4-Complete-Front-Wishbone-PSB-Poly-Polyurethane-Bush-Kit-2001-to-2009-/181929527071?fits=Model%3APolo&hash=item2a5bd8471f:g:mhcAAOSwhcJWQ2bG

• Like 1

Cheers Hutchy, just mailed the company direct just now. Hopefully have them by the weekend

No problem, They are quite a popular choice.

E30CFF2A-E4F1-4393-8CAD-2C5168131494_zps

Hard to find fault with the Cupra bush. The cheapest of all options upgrade wise and seems to do the best in alignment set up.

If i was paying for the work i'd want Cupra ones but if fitting them myself id go for the PSB ones, for doing the actual bush you only need a flat screwdriver and thats it, knock it under the old bush and force down so it folds in and pops out, clean it up, small bit of grease and push the new one in.

Spoke to a fine gent at PSB, will supply 2 x front and 2 x rear wishbone bushes for roughly £45 delivered. Can't complain really. Has anyone got experience of both the PSB and Powerflex? Would be good to compare.

http://psbushings.com/wp-content/uploads/Skoda-Fabia-MK1.pdf

No problem, They are quite a popular choice.

If i was paying for the work i'd want Cupra ones but if fitting them myself id go for the PSB ones, for doing the actual bush you only need a flat screwdriver and thats it, knock it under the old bush and force down so it folds in and pops out, clean it up, small bit of grease and push the new one in.

Hutchy, I'm a tech at a Seat main dealer. What makes you like the Cupra bushes better? Better feel or...???

Cupra bushes give a nice ride and last longer than the original type, the poly type bushes in my experience were very noisy hence I had to remove them.

DB.

• Like 1

Cupra bushes give a nice ride and last longer than the original type, the poly type bushes in my experience were very noisy hence I had to remove them.

DB.

Did you apply the grease as suggested or slip them in dry?

Defo one off the main reasons for upgrading here is to stop the dreaded speed bump squeak! ARB bushes are also being replaced to cover all bases.

Did you apply the grease as suggested or slip them in dry?

Defo one off the main reasons for upgrading here is to stop the dreaded speed bump squeak! ARB bushes are also being replaced to cover all bases.

They were fitted and removed some 5 years ago, I bought the set from a stockist and I don't remember any grease being in the kit or any instructions, so no grease was used, in any case I very much doubt it would have got rid of the unbearable constant drumming noise.

DB.

Edited by mogwye

Well that's definitely something to think about, will speak to the parts dept tomorrow and get a price for them. Can't see them being to much. Cheers for the input guys

Nick

Hutchy, I'm a tech at a Seat main dealer. What makes you like the Cupra bushes better? Better feel or...???

You poor thing :D

The Cupra ones are a solid bush so don't wear anyway really, they are cheaper than most aftermarket type also.

They are designed for use with the chassis for performance and comfort gains so no / less vibrations through the cabin and no extra harshness that some people report after fitting polly type bushes.

I run the PSB poly bushes in mine and noticed no difference in transmitted road noise or harshness. The car's done 5k with them in, been on trackdays, euro road trips and they look exactly the same as the day I fitted them.

Dead easy to fit and do the job very well indeed

Thanks guys, all the info is good knowledge.

Cupra R bushes 1K0 407 183 E come in at £11.40 each, not to bad. Pair of PSB rears for £25. Not much diffo in price, now just personal preference I think?

Will update on the route I go. Both sets can be here in a couple of days

Again, cheers guys for all the input, much appreciated

I fitted PSB ones to mine but couldn't stand the harshness and vibration so replaced them with Meyle HD ones. Much better.

image.jpg

Meyle.jpg

Edited by TMB
  • Like 2

I've got to admit I didn't notice any difference in harshness from standard to PBS ones either... just other people report it so suggested cupra as the best OEM option and PBS for best aftermarket choice :)

• Like 1

Went for the PSB, iv seen the state off a lot off the older ibiza's that come into the garage. Don't fancy changing them every year or so, so hopefully they will do the trick with no squeaks!!

TMB... Those bushes are very similar to OEM parts, are the poly or similar to 'normal' rubber?

Went for the PSB, iv seen the state off a lot off the older ibiza's that come into the garage. Don't fancy changing them every year or so, so hopefully they will do the trick with no squeaks!!

TMB... Those bushes are very similar to OEM parts, are the poly or similar to 'normal' rubber?

Really? I've never seen a Cupra bush wear out, they are solid so not sure how they would. I ran my last set on my Fabia for 6 years and they looked as new.

Thanks guys, all the info is good knowledge.

Cupra R bushes 1K0 407 183 E come in at £11.40 each, not to bad. Pair of PSB rears for £25. Not much diffo in price, now just personal preference I think?

Will update on the route I go. Both sets can be here in a couple of days

Again, cheers guys for all the input, much appreciated

The Ibiza Cupra bush is the one people normally go for, part number is 6LL407183