Fabia vrs upgraded front lower arm bushes

TMB... Those bushes are very similar to OEM parts, are the poly or similar to 'normal' rubber?

They are rubber. They are a better design than the OEM ones though.

I have Cupra bushes on my 1.4 and PSB on my 2.0 and I can't tell the difference, they both do the job perfectly, PSB were A LOT easier to fit but may not last as long because they're a looser fit in the console, however I still had to use washing-up liquid lube to ensure they were fully home. It's probably a moot point since both types of bushes will outlive the car they're fitted to.

Went for the PSB, iv seen the state off a lot off the older ibiza's that come into the garage. Don't fancy changing them every year or so, so hopefully they will do the trick with no squeaks!!

TMB... Those bushes are very similar to OEM parts, are the poly or similar to 'normal' rubber?

The standard ibiza and the cupra use different bushes if your getting them mixed up.

Jobs done now anyway, fit the PSB ones and forget about them :)

I've got to admit I didn't notice any difference in harshness from standard to PBS ones either... just other people report it so suggested cupra as the best OEM option and PBS for best aftermarket choice :)

Me neither I'm happy wit the psb ones for the price.

Me neither I'm happy wit the psb ones for the price.

I guess it's all subjective. I commented to a mate that his MK2 Fabia sport had a hard ride and he didn't think so. Different people will have different perceptions.

Depends on the car too. I bought a Powerflex dog bone mounting bush for my MPi and it vibrated the car like mad. Fitted the same dog bone into my 16v and it's barely noticeable.

Same will apply with a vRS and its heavier nose weight over say a 1.2.

Edited by Tech1e

Depends on the car too. I bought a Powerflex dog bone mounting bush for my MPi and it vibrated the car like mad. Fitted the same dog bone into my 16v and it's barely noticeable.

Same will apply with a vRS and its heavier nose weight over say a 1.2.

Yeah, same experience here with the dog bone. Powerflex bush caused horrible vibrations. Took it off and gave it away to someone on here.

Edited by TMB

Buy the tool for fitting, makes it so much easier! and be prepared to swear alot when refitting the arms, 4tonne ratchet straps came in handy to refit (and sex lube as it doesn't harm the rubber... Although does look strange in the tool box)

Buy the tool for fitting, makes it so much easier! and be prepared to swear alot when refitting the arms, 4tonne ratchet straps came in handy to refit (and sex lube as it doesn't harm the rubber... Although does look strange in the tool box)

You don't need a tool for fitting PSB or Powerflex ones though.

• Like 1

True, but i'd already bought the cupra ones! :p

Apparently washing up liquid doesn't dry out and can lead to premature deterioration to the rubber... Where lube is water based and safe for rubber

Edited by SkUG

Apparently washing up liquid doesn't dry out and can lead to premature deterioration to the rubber... Where lube is water based and safe for rubber

Not true, washing up liquid is water based as well and dries out just fine, I've been using it for fitting rubber bushes for more than 30 years, it's completely harmless to rubber.

• Like 2