need help finding lower arm support mk1 vrs

hi, i was wondering if anyone knows where i can find a replacement aluminium support for the N/S/F lower arm on my mk1 fabia vrs?. the part im talking about is best explained as what the front bolt on the lower arm goes in to ( its a blind aluminium thread), this was stripped by the garage who replaced my lower arms and thought it was ok to use an air gun to tighten the bolts  :clap: and as a result the bolt will no longer tighten properly and is a danger to drive so i need the part ASAP as she is my daily driver  :sweat:

thanks in advance 

Even if you're really careful the threads can still strip due to the corrosion caused by dissimilar metals (steel bolt into alloy console).

• Like 1

Even if you're really careful the threads can still strip due to the corrosion caused by dissimilar metals (steel bolt into alloy console).

Especially if the bolt has been re-used in the past.

• Like 2

Which isn't helped by the fact most don't install new bolts and the green coating on the originals will have come off.

• Like 1

Think I have a spare left/nearside console but it's a non vRS one, anyone know if the difference is critical (or can a non-vRS one be modified into a vRS-style one?). Pretty sure I've got a spare (new) front bolt or two too.

Edited by Wino

Yip i was the same passenger side fine then went to do drivers side and bloody seized bolt, eneded up changing consol from skoda at over 100quid as only fits vrs so hard to find quickly second hand :( its not hard to change just a few bolts but put your new bottom arm on before fitting it will also come fitted with new bush so easy job.

Edited by 12345Jay

Yip i was the same passenger side fine then went to do drivers side and bloody seized bolt, eneded up changing consol from skoda at over 100quid as only fits vrs so hard to find quickly second hand :( its not hard to change just a few bolts but put your new bottom arm on before fitting it will also come fitted with new bush so easy job.

But it's the original crap bush.

Drivers side console is the same on all Fabia 2000 - 2009.

Edited by Tech1e

Oops meant the passenger side(gearbox side) lol yeh had to press the brand new bush back out wish they did not supply the new console with the bush pre fitted.

My (in a hurry, enforced) experience of buying a new genuine console from TPS was that it came with the newer-design bush 1K0407183A, this type, which is what I was going to fit anyway. Both our cars are now on these, and I'm very happy with them. 

• Like 1