MY 2017

280PS 4x4 vRS c/w with bassy stereo and decent sound deadening - well maybe not but we can wish!  :p

Seariously considering stripping out the whole interior of my vRS when it arrives and giving it the full Dynamat treatment.......

280PS 4x4 vRS c/w with bassy stereo and decent sound deadening - well maybe not but we can wish! :p

I'd be really annoyed if that engine with AWD came to the Octavia having just taken delivery of a TDI VRS 4x4, I wanted a petrol really

Edited by LewJo

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this:

http://www.automobile-magazine.fr/actualites/scoops/skoda/restylage_skoda_octavia_2017

The pictures look like they could be real this time. The headlights remind me of the previous model Merc E Class, not sure if that is a compliment or not.

Edited by spacenase

hhmmm.... didn't realise there was a newer model out next year!

Not a fan of the headlights but like the fact they seem to have the DRL's akin to their VW stablemates

Those pictures of the front look as photoshopped as you can get. No way are they real and I'd wait until the FL is officially unveiled before drawing any conclusions. Until then it's all speculation, based around what one photoshop user thinks a car will look like. 

The rear lights aren't bad though. But I think it's a Mk3 Superb rear light that's been squashed and photoshopped in. 

The problem is that the whole internet community would be silent if we didn't do this. :)

True, but more often than not, they are so far off the real deal it's ridiculous. Best to ignore them and wait for the real thing to emerge. 

Its probably going to be from experience, restyled a bit to look more like the new Superb:

1. More angular bumpers front and back.

2. New angular lights front and back, back ones maybe larger on to the tailgate, like the Superb?

3. New Alloy wheel designs.

4. 1.0 TSi 110 will replace the 1.2 TSi.

5. Some options will become standard, maybe lane departure, or traffic sign recognition. Smartlink standard across the range also.

6. Some new colours?

• Like 1

Ditch the Fn rear torture beam suspension

That's all I'm praying for

I agree it's a bit medieval. Its a poor handling car, but was it meant to be a sporty drive? I don't think they were.(with the exception of the vrs)

They can do what they want. My money's going to SEAT next time ;-) A used one that has depreciated itself to the point it's almost free.

Isn't SEAT priced above skoda? So VAG will allow them 10BHP more and charge the higher price?

I think that in the UK SEAT are cheaper, perhaps check City-Go or Rapid prices with their SEAT equivalents?