Tyre Upgrade from 205/40/17

Flexbile Mouse: Did you just replace your current tyres from 205/40/R17 with a Rainsport 3 as 215/40/R17 without any mods?I had Vredsteins 205/40/R17 and need a set of four but not keen to make any changes to rims.

I've gone from 205/40 to 205/45 RS3's and it's made the ride better.

Edited by LGM

I considered 205/45/17 too but wanted the extra width, the wet grip was abysmal on the old tyres. I figured if they put 215 width on the polo gti then they would be a good choice for the fabia too.

Edited by FlexibleMouse

• 4 weeks later...

I've just had a full set of Rainsport 3's on my vRS, I went for 215/40/17 and am very happy. Reduced the harshness and noise a little too which is welcome.

Any pics lad I'm due to order some on pay day

Son is running 215/40/17 hankook v12 and really likes them in the dry, wear really well as well

Maybe a silly question, but is this the original V12 evo's or the newer Evo 2's. I can vouch for the first ones at least anyway, covered nearly 40,000 miles before they needed changing.

I've just gone from 205/40/17's to 215/40/17's as well, and so far it does seem ever so slightly smoother and nice having that bit extra rubber on the road. I went for the Goodyear Asymmetric 3's which so far have been excellent (done around 1000 miles in them so far)

Same as before, big improvement over 205/40/17's. Dry grip is as good as any other high performance tyre, and they really are good in the wet. We've had some torrential downpours here and I have found that I don't alter my driving in the wet anymore.

• Like 1

Maybe a silly question, but is this the original V12 evo's or the newer Evo 2's. I can vouch for the first ones at least anyway, covered nearly 40,000 miles before they needed changing.

I've just gone from 205/40/17's to 215/40/17's as well, and so far it does seem ever so slightly smoother and nice having that bit extra rubber on the road. I went for the Goodyear Asymmetric 3's which so far have been excellent (done around 1000 miles in them so far)

Hi it's the original v12 evo,

What about the Tyre Fitting Centre you are going to use to fit and balance them, have you asked their price?

I'll get my mate to do it for beer tokens  :p

I've just changed my Uniroyal RS3 for GY Eagle Asym 2 (front, 205 40 17). They really look beefy compared to the Uniroyal ! And BIG rim protection !

I can already say they are quieter and more traction on the dry ;)