Wifi

I opted for the WLAN option and it's great for days out and holidays. The kids have an iPad each that's wifi only, and rather than letting them connect to my or SWMBO's wifi hotspot, they just hook up to the car's hotspot with ho hassle. The car also seems to have a better signal overall. 

Having 2 iPads connected to a phone hotspot while they stream continual crap on YouTube roasts the battery which means you're on charge all the time. 

It's a shame it doesn't unlock access to online services, but there you go. Go and buy a £50k A6 if you want that  :|

Hey Guys, I do not own "premium WiFi" and no SmartGate option in my L&K but got that WLAN menu with two options:

1. WLAN client

2. mobile hotspot

Beside using WIFI to access services via DLNA what is the purpose of both?

Hey Guys, I do not own "premium WiFi" and no SmartGate option in my L&K but got that WLAN menu with two options:

1. WLAN client

2. mobile hotspot

Beside using WIFI to access services via DLNA what is the purpose of both?

A couple of months ago I spent hours looking for answers to these two exact questions and found nothing.

• 6 months later...

Just got my 2016 4x4 superb... the manual is pants.

..no explanation of why 2 wifi's... apart from both connect to my phone and one seemd to send data to update a app on the phone.... second wifi... nothing.... and

..no sim slot....dont want to complain as car is a present...does anybody know if I can put a Data stick in the USB... then transmit wifi ?

I live in Czech at the weekend... so want to employ a Cz data stick and use WhatsApp for calls and use the Google via Android Auto...PS... these are beautiful cars..

I opted for the WLAN option and it's great for days out and holidays. The kids have an iPad each that's wifi only, and rather than letting them connect to my or SWMBO's wifi hotspot, they just hook up to the car's hotspot with ho hassle. The car also seems to have a better signal overall. 

Having 2 iPads connected to a phone hotspot while they stream continual crap on YouTube roasts the battery which means you're on charge all the time. 

It's a shame it doesn't unlock access to online services, but there you go. Go and buy a £50k A6 if you want that  :|

I have Premium WLAN, EE Data SIM Purchased and installed into SIM Slot, managed to eventually get it set up, I posted on this issue last year, as I said previously, after much head scratching, mostly due to lack of set up information from EE, connected my iPad to my Skoda Wi-Fi Network, I checked my Download & Upload Speeds, 32Gig down and 20Gig Upload, also checked to ensure that I could connect to the Internet, checked out various web pages including Youtube Video downloading, no issues there, faultless downloading, no lag, it work very well.

You also have the option of having a data and phone sim if you want, so a dedicated phone in the car at all times if you wish, Sim only deals are good at the moment.

Sorry guys, I've read through this topic, but my head is not clear.

I will have a Superb 3 with Colombus navigation.

I won't have a the Premium Wifi optio, because I didn't order it.

Will there be any usable functionality if I connect my phone to the car's "basic" wlan Network?

And another thing:

I didn't order the Samrtgate option. Is it useful? Does it tell any important option, which the car computer can't tell ?

If it's useful, is it possible to activate it later (by buying the activation code), or will be needed some physical modification, like cables, etc ?

You can stream music from uPnP devices.

I use Apple Music through Apple CarPlay. Download all the music I want at home into my music library. This way it avoids using mobile phone data.