Favorit Silver Line query - new owner

Hi there, I became the proud owner of a Skoda Favorit Silver Line yesterday.  The car has a few "dinks" and we will need to do a bit of work to make him beautiful.  I just wondered which of the two Skoda Silver paints we might need - there appear to be two to choose from.  Any advice at all would be really helpful.  The car did come with a great deal of service history, but we haven't got the book with the all important label in, so it's a bit of guess work I'm afraid.  The colour could be described as a slightly lighter silver than a modern car and it's an M reg if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice

Tracy :)

• Like 1

There should be a plate or a very faded piece of paper somewhere on the car with the code on too. On Felicia's it's under the boot carpet, not sure about Favorits.

• Like 1

Tracy, how about a photo of 'him' ?

On the other hand, any car paints shop can tell you exactly what paint you need if you go with the car to them. They have a program with all codes from all cars and they will pull out 2 colour swatches and put them against your car to select the best match.

Edited by RicardoM
  • Like 1

Hello Tracy, I've been following all Favorits for sale for the past couple of months as I am seriously considering getting one to replace my MG ZTT. It'll either be a Favorit or another Felicia. But I've seen two Silverlines for sale recently, one in Lincoln and one in Manchester. Just wondering if it was one of these two?

Hello Tracy, I've been following all Favorits for sale for the past couple of months as I am seriously considering getting one to replace my MG ZTT. It'll either be a Favorit or another Felicia. But I've seen two Silverlines for sale recently, one in Lincoln and one in Manchester. Just wondering if it was one of these two?

Hi Yoss, I picked the car up from Bolton, so I guess it might have been the Manchester one (closest possible)?  The one in Lincoln would definitely have been a lot easier for us to collect, but a day out in Bolton was rewarded with a new (to me) car so all good.  :)

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the replies and help.  I will be keeping an eye on this forum as we start work on making my new car beautiful and we're in need of various bits and bobs and your Skoda expertise.  Thanks guys, you are a bunch of stars.  :sun:

Yes it was the Bolton one. With apologies the the people of Bolton from my perspective on the south coast that is Manchester!

I see in the photos for the advert the centre caps for the wheels were missing but at the same time he had a separate ad on Gumtree for some Favorit spares that included said centre caps. I hope you got them because those wheels are unique to the Silver Line and Black Line (which is even rarer).

As for the colour it is definitely a different shade than the Silver used on Felicia's. As Ricardo says a good body shop could match it if you give them the car but if you're just after an aerosol to touch things up you may have more trouble.

Would be nice to see more pictures, the advert had very poor photos. Particularly like to see the inside.

Can I ask what made you buy a Favorit? If you went all the way to Bolton it wasn't because it was cheap and local.

Edited by Yoss

...but if you're just after an aerosol to touch things up you may have more trouble.

Any decent paint shop should be able to bottle any custom paint into an aerosol. Usually they put 100 - 150 ml of paint in a 400 ml can. How the paint will look like on the car when using an aerosol instead of a paint gun... that's another story.

• Like 1

I see in the photos for the advert the centre caps for the wheels were missing but at the same time he had a separate ad on Gumtree for some Favorit spares that included said centre caps. I hope you got them because those wheels are unique to the Silver Line and Black Line (which is even rarer).

Nooo!  I didn't get those.  Cheeky so and so.  I'll get my OH to message him on Auto ****e (the forum we found the car on).  We bought the car because my OH is a total petrol head and recognised it as a good deal for my first car, which is what it's for :)

The ad is still on gumtree, I've just checked. It says Chadderton, Manchester so I assume it's the same guy. Otherwise it's a big coincidence.

As well as the centre caps there are two spare Silverline alloys, which as I said are now very rare plus a full set of lights, front and rear.

He wants £180 for the lot which seems a bit steep but if it's the same guy you bought car off he ought to do you a deal unless he's a complete arse. Did he seem friendly?

Edited by Yoss

The ad is still on gumtree, I've just checked. It says Chadderton, Manchester so I assume it's the same guy. Otherwise it's a big coincidence.

As well as the centre caps there are two spare Silverline alloys, which as I said are now very rare plus a full set of lights, front and rear.

He wants £180 for the lot which seems a bit steep but if it's the same guy you bought car off he ought to do you a deal unless he's a complete arse. Did he seem friendly?

He seemed ok.  I'll get my OH to do the man to man thing.....thanks for the tip off :)

No problem,that's what the forum is for. Let us know what happens.

Also meant to say just type 'Skoda Favorit' into gumtree, there's only about three entries in there at the mo so it's easy enough to find.

• Like 1

Did you buy M67 MNC ?

I was watching that on AutoSh*** too. Not that I need another, but always interested to see where they end up. Glad it's gone to someone who is straight on here. This site is brilliant.

Mine has the Silverline alloys too, even though it is a much more common Flairline. 

Health to drive...

I'll get my OH to message him on Auto ****e (the forum we found the car on).

I'll get my OH to do the man to man thing....

Your OH is quite a busy guy I see... :) Let him rest a while. Since it's you that signed up here, I'd like to see you step up and solve things yourself from now on. It's your car. Be a man :)

Mine has the Silverline alloys too, even though it is a much more common Flairline. 

Sounds like there may be more Silver Line alloys around than actual Silver Line's. This happened in the Triumph world where most Dolomites now seem to have Sprint alloys. Every time a Sprint got scrapped someone would save the wheels. I had 13 at one point but I'm down to seven now (four on the car and three spares!) Sorry gone off topic a bit.

• Like 2

Your OH is quite a busy guy I see... :) Let him rest a while. Since it's you that signed up here, I'd like to see you step up and solve things yourself from now on. It's your car. Be a man :)

Really? Quite hard to "be a man" when I lack the fundamental physical attributes, what with me being a woman......

Did you buy M67 MNC ?

I was watching that on AutoSh*** too. Not that I need another, but always interested to see where they end up. Glad it's gone to someone who is straight on here. This site is brilliant.

Health to drive...

That's the beauty. New home at our house. Found out the alloys etc. are a different seller so no need for me to take offence.

• Like 1

Really? Quite hard to "be a man" when I lack the fundamental physical attributes, what with me being a woman......

I was metaphorically speaking. Relax. Jeez... :wall:

Edited by RicardoM

Found out the alloys etc. are a different seller so no need for me to take offence.

I've just looked up Chadderton, it's near Oldham not Bolton, but they're both Greater Manchester so it is a bit of a weird coincedence. Still, you know where to go if you want some centre caps. Might be able to do a deal for the caps on their own.

• Like 1

That's the beauty. New home at our house. Found out the alloys etc. are a different seller so no need for me to take offence.

It's a lovely plate for where it was! Near the M67 and Manchester! 

I think it changed hands very recently - like someone bought it and split the car and the spares, only for the car to be resold very quickly. In safe hands now!

It's a lovely plate for where it was! Near the M67 and Manchester! 

I think it changed hands very recently - like someone bought it and split the car and the spares, only for the car to be resold very quickly. In safe hands now!

One of my work colleagues loves it as he supports Man U. and sagely informed me that 1967 was apparently a good year for them and the MNC bit of the number is, well obviously, a shortened version of Manchester, so I better not park the car too close to Old Trafford or I'll lose my plates.  To me, it's just a numberplate..... *sigh*

Hi, Mr Tracijbc here,

Thanks for the posts. I did find the paint code which was on the baulkhead and it is 9105 which our local paint shop supplies can make up. Driveway rattlecan restorations are variable in quality IMO also, but small areas of rattle can 9105 will be better than the hammerite applied by Gifford Arch the well known rust treatment artist...

Other jobs to do, the tailgate is a bit ropey, surface rust below the bottom of the window seal. The tailgate struts don't hold the tailgate up however when I noted the numbers printed on them one was 2191 and 21031 so maybe one of those is the right one. I shall check with SGS or something sounding similar. The fuel gauge reads full permanently so from my reading the sender may well have a short. GSF have one that looks suitable ( fuel pump and sender ) £ 75 though. On the subject of Silverline alloy wheels, do silverline alloys take a different size tyre to a typical Favorit alloy. All 4 wheels are alloy and all 4 with 165 / 70 / R13 79 T. Two alloys are ok appearance wise and the other 2 are scabby. They all look to be similar but without centre caps. The bundle of spares mentioned was thought to be a bit steep, what sort of price would you think is realistic ? I have booked the car in for an MOT next week just to make sure no horrors lurk. The heated rear window connection to the elements has been bodged and I need to find some cord to hold up the parcel shelf but I shall do that after I have replaced the struts so I don't get decapitated. So there you go plenty to go at but underneath the car looks sound having had huge amounts of treatment applied.

• Like 1