help with Bluetooth pairing

Hi, new here because I've a problem with the Superb and someone pointed me in the direction of this forum.

I've had my Superb for about 18 months now and the most frustrating matter with it is that neither my personal phone nor my work phone will pair to the bluetooth within the car.

I have an iPhone 6 for personal, and a Nokia Lumia of some sort for work. Really I just want to pair the iPhone so I can stream music and calls without having to plug into the aux cable.

The car is a 2009 '09 plate Elegance, with the Columbus navigation unit all built in from new.

The dealer have given me all the latest updates to the software on board the car but to no joy.

Help much apprecaited

Cheers

Alex

I'm pretty sure the Bluetooth unit in a car that age will not connect to either of those phones but definitely not the iPhone.

The units in the older cars only use the rSAP BT protocol whereas the iPhone and possibly the Nokia use the HFP BT protocol. I got a 60 plate 2011 spec (MY11) car which I believe was the first to have a BT unit that would support both the rSAP & HFP protocols. As I had an iPhone when I was looking for the car I knew that if I bought a 10 plate or earlier I would need to replace the BT unit. It's not a big job and the newer BT units can be picked up on eBay for less than £100 I think.

There is a pinned post at the top of this section all about it. :)

Edited by WaveyDavey

Thanks,

I've spotted the "pinned topic" but its from 2011 and noone seems to reply except to ask about the same issue! is all the information still the same 5 years later on and can the units still be purchased, somewhere in the info, it goes into several different bluetooth model numbers and I get a bit confused to which one is a direct replacement and which would need coding?

WaveyDavey is right. My 59 plate Superb will only connect through rSAP protocol. I know that Android 4.2.2 has that program as I use a Samsung phone with that operating system. The only real answer, as WaveyDavey says, is to change the phone module for a later version.

Thanks,

I've spotted the "pinned topic" but its from 2011 and noone seems to reply except to ask about the same issue! is all the information still the same 5 years later on and can the units still be purchased, somewhere in the info, it goes into several different bluetooth model numbers and I get a bit confused to which one is a direct replacement and which would need coding?

Yes that topic is still correct.... The fifth post gives you some pictures to help. I just did a search for the newer Bluetooth modules on eBay and brand new they can be had for £149 so if you keep looking you'll find a used one for a lot less.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=3C8035730A&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X3C8035730.TRS0&_nkw=3C8035730&_sacat=0

I thought it was just a case of a straight swap out with no coding required, or at least that is how it was when I was looking back in 2014, but you would need to confirm this by reading through the thread fully.

• Like 1

No worries if you are not sure about anything just ask on here and someone will come along and give you some advice.

And welcome to Briskoda by the way. :)

Well this post has answered my future question about the car I am getting on Monday.

Collecting a June 2011 Superb Elegance with Columbus, so it appears I should be OK with my iThing 6 plus! Great news. Thanks!