HPI check

Gaz

Is it worth getting an HPI check on a car I know was Cat C in 2005?  The car was 13 years old at that time.

The car's only going for a grand or so.  The owner says he knew nothing about it as they got it in 2009, which is a bit rich given it'd be on the log book.

I just wonder if the check would reveal anything I don't already know?

Ta

Gaz

Just to satisfy my nosiness, what is this vehicle of 1992 vintage with an asking price around 1 grand?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CRX-DEL-SOL-SIR-JAP-IMPORT-/252356986123?hash=item3ac1a6050b:g:8zYAAOSwS7hXACht

I have a black 1.5 SOHC at the moment.  This one has the more desirable B16a twin cam engine.  And I've not had a red one yet  :blush:

Gaz

Do logbook loans show on a HPI check now?

They don't show on the quick text HPI check but on the full check they do now, I almost got caught out with my current car with previous owner having a log book loan on it. 

As far as I'm aware the loan companies are not required by law to register log book loans with any register such as HPI, but the industry code of practice requires them to.  In any event, it you comply with HPI terms and conditions then you're covered to £30k for such a situation.