• Good
    • Bad
    • Needs refining (see my comments)
    • 19/01/03
    • 26/01/03
    • 02/02/03
    • 09/02/03
    • 16/02/03
    • Sounds great, last one on Anglesey buys the beer!
    • No way, what we should do is....(suggestions please)
    • Hell yeah, I want to do it all.
    • I will *definately* join you for 50miles in my region
    • Nope, not interested, sorry.

I've a sneaking suspicion that I'm into "here's how you suck eggs, grandmother" territory here, but anyway:-

I don't think the average Skoda dealer/other company is going to be too keen on sponsoring an entrant just for the warm glow of feeling that they have contributed to a worthy cause.

On the other hand, a large sticker[1] on the side of each car, saying something like "Generously sponsored by the Acme Widget Company" might get the cash flowing - particularly if there is a tie-in to local press/TV coverage of each stage.

Mike.

p.s. I'm up for 50/100 miles locally. I don't think 'er indoors would look too kindly on the whole run, unless there's a valid Shopping Experience involved.

[1] what are the options for something which will stay on for the duration, but can be removed without damage to the paintwork?

Yes, the "big" sponsor for each car may be for a sticker, we have a supplier that can do custom stickers that can be removed easily. I'm happy to have my car plastered, some may not be.

I will choose a date soon and we'll start to form more definate plans \ sponsorship etc.

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds like a great trip - although the A9 could be interesting at that time of year (should be early enough to beat the snow though.....).

I am driving up to John O'Groats from Edinburgh in June so can give a report of the roads - from memory once you get north of Inverness they are real B road territory and relatively quiet (although that was years ago and in a bus........).

How about we combine various Children in need stunts and have someone drive their Skud up the road filled in with baked beans? :roll: what do you mean no........oops - forgot that would start more threads about cleaning the carpets.....he he he

Should be fine with me, although the only potential issue is if I switch jobs before then I might not have an RS of any description by then, V or not.....fingers crossed though.