Car is in the dealers !

I have a TSI, it does the same under throttle, ton of water vapour spews out. Looks like the fookin' Flying Scotsman when I look through the rear view mirror. Perfectly normal though, I would be a lot more worried if it was blue smoke.

Edited by harrysprout

Does yours do it all the time mate ?

Yep! Always done it. Had it two years now, not missed a beat. When a first saw it I carked mesen, looked like something seriously wrong. I'm sure there is a thread on here somewhere.  It is normal by all accounts. Few on here with TSI's have noticed it.

• Like 1

That's when mine does it under hard acceleration.

More so in 2nd and 3rd if I hold onto the revs to.

It will do it even after doing a trip of like 100 miles.

Forget car rejection unless the engine or gearbox fails. Steam from the exhaust will not bring a new car I'm afraid.

Skoda are well used to cars failing so their rejection criteria is as above. I know as I tried it for months and months

• Like 1

Forget car rejection unless the engine or gearbox fails. Steam from the exhaust will not bring a new car I'm afraid.

Skoda are well used to cars failing so their rejection criteria is as above. I know as I tried it for months and months

I'm not wanting to reject it as we really like it.

I think a lot of it has to do with the aerodynamics of the estate, this is the reason the back end gets filthy all the time and why the rear screen gets soaking wet on the motorway, especially when compared to the hatch.

The condensation is all licking up around the rear window creating the impression there is more than there is? Perhaps other models do the same but the vast majority is out of sight closer to the road surface?

• Like 1

Ok just get the dealer to provide a courtesy car for the duration yours is off the road.

They have. I've got a vw Passat 15 plate that feels horrid compared to my Octavia.

Agreed that car is s###e. But, could be worse could be a citigo or fabia! At least they gave you something of similar size. Was an octavia not available? Would have thought so being a skoda problem and skoda dealer? And to keep you driving the brand during the meantime

Mine also does what you're reporting. Has done since I got it two years ago. Seems normal to me. Just get the car back and carry on.

Surely its better to have got it checked out rather than just leaving it. Its only 4 weeks old and no other car I've owned has ever done it.

Mine also does what you're reporting. Has done since I got it two years ago. Seems normal to me. Just get the car back and carry on.

Pretty sure what's on that video isn't normal. My TSI never produces anything that dramatic, some condensation yes, but nowhere near that much.

Plus there's a recent thread somewhere around here where someone had the same problem, turned out to be a coolant leak into the turbo.

...Here you go:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/392529-mist-from-rear-while-accelerating/?p=4562186

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/393129-mist-from-rear-while-accelerating-updateissue/?p=4567808

Well I ain't finished yet. I just got so used to mine doing the impression of a Morphy Richards steam iron, I forgot about it. So I went to the running club tonight and thought I'd tear the ass off it and watch the vapour. Guess what? Nothing, nada, zilch. I'm quite disappointed tbh :envy:

• Like 1

Skoda have still got the car.

They have tried to replicate the fault and can't get it to happen.

They have also pressure tested the coolant system overnight and it dropped from 1 bar to 0.8 bar which is apparently no issue.

They asked me what I was doing to get the steam so I explained and they are goignto try again today.