Fault codes

Hi briskoda

Can anyone help.

I have a skoda octavia vrs mk1 AUQ 1.8t 52 plate.

Now the story.

I have been driving my car and the Epc light came on and my car which i think went into limp mode would back of at around 60 mph "car looses power"

Now this is the strange part. When i drove it to my friends to get it coded it came up with 1705/1706 g28 fault.

After he scanned and cleared the fault the car would not start. The engine would crank but speedo needle and rev counter at zero not moving.

So! I had to call RAC to tow me home. And when RAC fault coded my car a got the P0322 code.

I have been looking around and there seems to be some discrepancies between people saying it's the Crankshaft sensor or the speed sensor.

So my questions are

1. Why was my car running before he cleared the code and now it wont start at all.

2. Which fault is represented by the codes mentioned.

4. Also when cranking the oil light will flash "oil levels are ok and checked"

3. The position of the sensors.

Your help would much be appreciated

Kind regards

Drew.

Ps i had my car checked with vcds a few weeks prior and and a throttle alignment and there were no faults found. Also after getting the car home iv cleaned all connectors with contact cleaner. Checked all connections,fuses. Checked 409 relay and also checke 409 with multimeter with voltage going through and i get the clicking sound so i assume its ok. Also checked relays in engine same way.

Thanks again

Thanks my friend.

I did previously think that was the sensor in the image provided on the link you provided.

I cleaned all the connections to it but i have not physically taken the sensor out and tried cleaning.

Do you think taking the sensor out cleaning and re-seating may help as it may be oiled up causing out of range

Or just replace.?

Kind regards

Edited by drew_smith