Making a phone battery powered

drw8

Got my daughter a cheap corded phone from asda. Is there anyway to internally fit a battery pack so that when the buttons are pressed they make noises?

She has a couple of baby/kids phones and isn't interested in them...

Buy a couple of cheaper buzzers/ beepers etc and some wire and a battery pack. Button switches and yeah, id say it can done, if your diy soldering and wiring skills are even low-med on a scale..

Cheaper and easier to give her an old mobile phone (with no SIM); you dont say how old she is, but an old Android phone can be loaded with baby games, including a musical phone app; and with no network to worry about, that old phone where the battery didnt last a day will suddenly last nearly a week.

My daughter got my old Lenovo when she was 18 months old and she still plays with it, we put on the Cbeebies apps and other games suitable for her age as she gets older.

make sure if you go down that line that you put it in flight mode as even with no SIM the phone can dial 112/999 which may prove a touch embarasing

John

She's a year old. She seems to be very particular with what she likes/plays with. We got her a Samsung remote as she likes to play with them, but she's only interested in the one that controls the tv... 

The corded phone is actually bolted to a wall, and she will pick it up, put it to her ear, blether a bit and then put it back into the mount.

our kids learned numbers before pre school. No remotes in those days, but same principle. They had favourite programs on TV, and on certain channels, so we reminded them of program and said "it's on button 1/2/3 as necessary. They soon learned how to count.

make sure if you go down that line that you put it in flight mode as even with no SIM the phone can dial 112/999 which may prove a touch embarasing

John

Sorry, should have mentioned Airplane mode.

Something that "works" is best, they soon fuigure out which is the "real" remote/phone and lose interest in the toy one.

Age 1, my daughter was obsessed with the house phone (and the computers), so when we had a new line fitted, I bought new phones and left the original plugged in to the old, deactivated line (long story), so she could play with it. It only took her a few days to figure it out and start trying to get  hold of the new phone.

I also built her a PC with a few basic "Baby bash" games on it; out of old spare parts - after she got onto my PC and deleted all my bookmarks, passwords, and browser history with a single bash on the keyboard.

16 months old, and she managed to unlock mummies iPhone and try to make new friends - IN CANADA!!

Edited by GentleGiant